ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form SET(O) Queries - Urgent ILR appointment next week

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sharmao
United Kingdom

Form SET(O) Queries - Urgent ILR appointment next week

Post by sharmao » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi All,

Many thanks to the forum and the members for helping everyone to get their queries resolved and successfully complete their application. I have my ILR appointment booked next week and have few questions while completing the SET(O) form and would really appreciate if i can get some steer on these:

I have been in the UK on Tier 1(General) since 8th March 2011 and planning to go for ILR now:

Q1) I will be using the PBS calculator along with my degree certificate to prove the language requirement of KOLL so for Sec.4.3 - An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English;
Is this correct that I need to tick both these options?

Q2) During my stay within the UK , i have only personal absences while visiting family & friends and no work - related absence. I have taken the letter from my previous employers for all paid annual leaves as well. However sec 6.3 of the form - Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK?
Do i still have to select this option although i never had an work related absence or i can just submit the letter from the employers without selecting any option?

Q3) Sec 6.8 - What evidence of leave(or permission to stay) stated in 6.6 has been provided?
My original leave was on the passport whereas the subsequent and the latest is all on BRP so do i just select BRP or passport as well under this question?

Q4) Sec 7.13 - How Long have you lived in the UK?
As i entered on 8th March 2011 and my appointment is on 07th March 2016, should i write 4 years 11 months or 5 years 0 months?

Q5) Under Section 12 Your Finances, is this applicable for Tier 1(General) applicants as there is no maintenance requirement specified anywhere in the guidance?

Q6) As I have always been on Tier 1(General) visa and not on any other category am I right in assuming that I do not need to fill section 12L for Tier 1 (General) migrant?

Many Thanks to all and Looking forward to the replies.

Best Regards,
A

sharmao
United Kingdom

Re: Form SET(O) Queries - Urgent ILR appointment next week

Post by sharmao » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:36 am

Hi All,

Would really appreciate if the forum members can provide their expert advice on these questions please.

Regards,
A

Gudwin

Post by Gudwin » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:46 am

Ok. My take on your questions.

Q1. Correct.
Q2. You still, have to select that option, provide employer's letter with list of annual leaves and another letter from yourself listing all personal absences and reasons.
Q3. BRP.
Q4. Nobody cares! Enter 5 years.
Q5. There is no maintenance requirement for T1.
Q6. Tick "Evidence specified in 9A".

sharmao
United Kingdom

Post by sharmao » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:17 am

Ok. My take on your questions.
Thanks a lot Gudwin for your response, a few more comments from my end"
Q1. Correct.
Q2. You still, have to select that option, provide employer's letter with list of annual leaves and another letter from yourself listing all personal absences and reasons.
Q3. BRP.
Q4. Nobody cares! Enter 5 years.
Q5. There is no maintenance requirement for T1.
So that means just leave this unticked? The issue is that the contextual help around this question is not very clear as it says if you have completed section 5 which includes questions like your mortagage details, access to public funds etc then please tick this option to confirm that evidence for maintenance is submitted?
Q6. Tick "Evidence specified in 9A".
Hey Gudwin, I am concerned with the below text on the question:
"If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing five years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 12A, you must provide the following documents"
As i have never been in the UK in any other category am i right in assuming that this does section not apply to me ?

Gudwin

Post by Gudwin » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:36 am

12А - Finance, is for everyone, so you'll have to tick it. It doesn't say about maintenance funds, it only asks about means to maintain yourself, etc, which is salary in classic example!
12L - there is a list, one of the options is Tier General, which is you. So 9A is the only tick box. If you stayed as anything else before T1G then you'd have to tick the second one.

I have ticked 9A and I have been on T1G from the start without anything else.

sharmao
United Kingdom

Post by sharmao » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:07 pm

Gudwin wrote:12А - Finance, is for everyone, so you'll have to tick it. It doesn't say about maintenance funds, it only asks about means to maintain yourself, etc, which is salary in classic example!
12L - there is a list, one of the options is Tier General, which is you. So 9A is the only tick box. If you stayed as anything else before T1G then you'd have to tick the second one.

I have ticked 9A and I have been on T1G from the start without anything else.
Ok Thanks!

I am assuming the caseworkers would probably call the applicant in case there is some additional information required or something is not clear rather then rejecting the application straight away?