ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR or Naturalisation for children straight from Tier 1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happycamper19

Re: ILR or Naturalisation for children straight from Tier 1

Post by happycamper19 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:01 pm

Casa wrote:It's not a question of which form is easier...it's which form is the right one. I agree with Sarageva, Vinny and CR001 that it should be SET(F) but the decision is yours. :|
Quick question if you do not mind. If I apply under Set (F), for proof of funds (to prove I can maintain my kids w/o recourse to public funds) I can show that I have large savings (all bank statements are lined up). However, as I do not have any income to show. The reason is I am self employed. I am running a startup and I am not able to myself salary just yet. Do you think this is going to be a problem for a case worker when we apply (assume Set (F))?

I will be grateful for any advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:01 pm

Savings is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

happycamper19

Question on bank statement (re address and account number)

Post by happycamper19 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:49 pm

I have a PEO appointment for dependant children ILR application next week. I am worried about my bank statement.

The bank statement is for my account with continental European bank outside UK (think France). It is an e-statement print out (produced by the bank) that they stamped and signed. The statement itself shows all balances for the last 3 months. It of course shows my full name.

What worries me is that Instead of account number, the e-statement shows my IBAN number. An account number is part of IBAN number, but it sits inside the IBAN number (I would have to underline it to show them). Also, the statement does Not show my address.

I addressed the above by attaching an account confirmation page from that bank that indicates my account number. That page is stamped by bank stamp ("name of the bank") but not signed.

I also attached a cover letter that lists the documents provided (1. e-statement [that shows balances, my name and IBAN], 2. account confirmation [that shows bank account number and currency denomination]). The cover letter indicates my address, and is stamped and signed.

So, together, the above seem to satisfy the requirement. Separately, I am more worried.

Can any experts out there tell me if I should be worried and if yes, how can I address that situation?

Many thanks in advance.

happycamper19

Re: Question on bank statement (re address and account numbe

Post by happycamper19 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Any experts? please.

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:28 pm

From what you have written, I believe any reasonable person would be able to conclude that it is your bank account and funds are under your control. But then again I am not an expert and some things require a little more than common sense.

I don't think you have any option at this stage, else I would open a bank account with a high street bank in UK. But I hope you should be fine.

May be others can add any more advise.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:54 pm

It won't be the first time UKVI has encountered an IBAN number.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

happycamper19

Set O Form: Print entire document or only relevant sections

Post by happycamper19 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:49 pm

I am currently completing Set (O) form. The form is huge with multiple sections for different applicant categories. When taking the document to PEO, should I print out the entire document or can I bring only the relevant sections that I had to complete? Printing out the entire document seems like an awful waste of paper and space to me.

Also working on Set (F) just in case.

Would be grateful for any insights.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set O Form: Print entire document or only relevant secti

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:53 pm

You need to print the whole document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

happycamper19

Post by happycamper19 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:55 pm

CR001 wrote:You need to print the whole document.
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:07 pm

To save paper, if you have the facility, you can print it double sided.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

happycamper19

Post by happycamper19 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:26 pm

CR001 wrote:To save paper, if you have the facility, you can print it double sided.
So HO is fine when the application is double side printed?

Gudwin

Post by Gudwin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:34 pm

MadNomad wrote: So HO is fine when the application is double side printed?
Of course. There are even few pages which say "intentionally left blank for double sided prints"!

happycamper19

Post by happycamper19 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:43 pm

MadNomad wrote:
Thank you.
Thank you again CR001.

I have almost unrelated question. I am also completing Set (F) form just in case. There, I (as a sponsor for my children) am asked to provide a proof or "ordinary residence" in the UK. One of the documents they mention is National Insurance issued by Department of Work and Pensions. Can I just provide them a letter that I received from Department of Work and Pensions (awarding me my NINO) 4+ years ago? Any advice would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:46 pm

MadNomad wrote:
MadNomad wrote:
Thank you.
Thank you again CR001.

I have almost unrelated question. I am also completing Set (F) form just in case. There, I (as a sponsor for my children) am asked to provide a proof or "ordinary residence" in the UK. One of the documents they mention is National Insurance issued by Department of Work and Pensions. Can I just provide them a letter that I received from Department of Work and Pensions (awarding me my NINO) 4+ years ago? Any advice would be appreciated.
Yes, if it lists your NI number.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

happycamper19

Post by happycamper19 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:23 pm

[/quote]

Thank you again CR001.

I have almost unrelated question. I am also completing Set (F) form just in case. There, I (as a sponsor for my children) am asked to provide a proof or "ordinary residence" in the UK. One of the documents they mention is National Insurance issued by Department of Work and Pensions. Can I just provide them a letter that I received from Department of Work and Pensions (awarding me my NINO) 4+ years ago? Any advice would be appreciated.[/quote]
Yes, if it lists your NI number.[/quote]

Thank you! So sorry to pester you CR001. For Evidence of Accomodation, I wanted to provide my Rental Agreement and Renewal Memorandum, however, I just noticed that estate agents misspelled my last name by 1 letter in both the agreement and the renewal memo. Are there any other documents I can provide to HO as Evidence of Accommodation?

happycamper19

Post by happycamper19 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:37 pm

Gudwin wrote:
MadNomad wrote: So HO is fine when the application is double side printed?
Of course. There are even few pages which say "intentionally left blank for double sided prints"!
Thank you! So sorry to pester you CR001. For Evidence of Accomodation, I wanted to provide my Rental Agreement and Renewal Memorandum, however, I just noticed that estate agents misspelled my last name by 1 letter in both the agreement and the renewal memo. Are there any other documents I can provide to HO as Evidence of Accommodation?

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:57 am

Do you have Council Tax bills which have your correct spelling on them. If not, you can call the council and get it correct. I believe that can work.

noajthan

Re: Naturalisation for children straight from Tier 1

Post by noajthan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:39 pm

MadNomad wrote:
CR001 wrote:Yes agree, and members have still been refused even with quoting that piece and some have failed at reconsideration too.
My observation of those who were refused on this board: the cases I have seen, none were naturalized citizens but ILR holders.
Example of recent refusal of foreign-born child due to no ILR despite 1 parent being recently naturalised:
british-citizenship/mn1-3-1-refusal-com ... 04978.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

aknc789
Newly Registered

Post by aknc789 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:33 pm

MadNomad wrote:Hello,

Myself and my wife became British citizens several months ago. Our children are still on Tier 1 Visas. Can we apply for their British citizenship straight away, without having to apply for ILR first?

I would be grateful for any information you could offer.
hi madnomad
hi i am in same boat, is ur application succesfful.

u had any consultation, what is the percentage of success

should it be better to go for ILr or citizenship

plz help me ur experience

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:36 pm

aknc789 wrote:
MadNomad wrote:Hello,

Myself and my wife became British citizens several months ago. Our children are still on Tier 1 Visas. Can we apply for their British citizenship straight away, without having to apply for ILR first?

I would be grateful for any information you could offer.
hi madnomad
hi i am in same boat, is ur application succesfful.

u had any consultation, what is the percentage of success

should it be better to go for ILr or citizenship

plz help me ur experience
The OP has applied for ILR for his children who were born abroad. Please keep your queries in your own thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

happycamper19

Post by happycamper19 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

This is an update. I applied for my kids' ILR today using PEO Croydon. I got approvals for both of them on the same day.

For the record, I used Set (O) form, not Set (F). They were fine with that as long as I got my own ILR from Tier 1 General. I hope this sets the record straight for everyone.

I am going to apply for my kids' naturalization next week right after we get their BRPs. Both parents are UK citizens already.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:25 am

Thanks for the update.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:01 pm

Did you use a separate SET(O) form per child or one SET(O) form for all kids?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

happycamper19

Post by happycamper19 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:32 pm

vinny wrote:Did you use a separate SET(O) form per child or one SET(O) form for all kids?
I used separate Set (O) form for each child. Technically these were two separate appointments. However, the case was treated as "2 in 1" by HO staff.

ideoma
Newly Registered
Andorra

Post by ideoma » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:56 pm

Same situation here. Going to submit SET(O) for my child under 18 who's currently Tier 1 (G) Dependent while we the parents are already on ILR.

It seems to a no brainier the only support documents I think needed are the parents ILR (passports in your case). Did you submit anything more than that?

Income and finances should not be relevant. Life in the UK and English are not relevant since it is children under 18.