ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pixie12

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by pixie12 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:27 pm

NINIOLA69 wrote:Hellooo guys! I do enjoyed and appreciate the ways and manners you guys have supported and encourage one another on the issue of naturalisation and citizenship approvals and application. I have been following this since I submitted my application. Can anyone plz tell me what to expect . I submitted my application on the 29th of September 2015, they received it on the 1st of October 2015. I got the acknowledgment and receipt of the application on the 12th of October 2015 , and further documentations was required on 11 Nov 2015 and was sent same day . Second letter was issued on the 21st of January 2016 and the approval is still pending. I applied based on been an Irish spouse .I came to Ireland 2011 and ever since Ve been living peacefully without any offence or criminal charges . Can anyone plz tell me due to his or her experience what I shd expect cos Ve seen pple that we submitted same time getting approvals. I fink may be am not working or I came into Ireland not too long cos most of the approvals Ve seen were pple of 5yrs residency or 5yrs EU family. Can I still make it to the April ceremony??? Ur advice and contributions will be highly appreciated . Thanks a lot.
I am not kingdomman, but just wanna share to you, when my bestfriend applied for citizenship last 2014 she got approved. Her application was based on irish spouse(3yrs). Never work here in ireland since she got here 2010. So i dont think its because u never had a job or u werent here for awhile. And oh, her husband was on welfare too and she was a dependent when they applied, plus shes on council house and full medical card. Name it. But she got approved in 6 months altogether. So i dont know wheres the delay on your application. Probably because they are requiring more documents from u and still not fully reviewed. Kingdomman probably has better insights than me. But just want to share u what i know from someone close to me who applied. And by they way she was a student in college when my friend applied. I dunno if that will make a difference too. Just email them also and ask for the status of your application.
Goodluck!xx
Last edited by pixie12 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:36 pm

Jumanufer, since we got our first and second letter at the same time. Do u think they will still ask for more documents from us(if we need one for example)? Or we've passed that stage? Do they ask additional documents between first letter and second letter? Or were just waiting for the decision at this stage? I am a bit confident that my application is complete and all documents are up to date and nothing will expire soon. So just wanna know when do theu really ask for additional documents. Thanks in advance!

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:50 pm

pixie12 wrote:Jumanufer, since we got our first and second letter at the same time. Do u think they will still ask for more documents from us(if we need one for example)? Or we've passed that stage? Do they ask additional documents between first letter and second letter? Or were just waiting for the decision at this stage? I am a bit confident that my application is complete and all documents are up to date and nothing will expire soon. So just wanna know when do theu really ask for additional documents. Thanks in advance!

For what I understand they won't ask us any more documentation
If they need more they would have asked between first and second letter (in our case before the letter we got). After the second letter which means they have checked application and all documentation provided and they are happy with, they just start asking feedback (Garda revenue welfare etc). So unless they find any inconsistency, no surprised should come!!

All this from my best understanding but then again I not an expert.

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:51 am

Thanks so much Pixie12, I do appreciate . Ve emailed them twice and the response has bn same and I noticed the same responses for all cos I presume it's is automated response. I pray they start issuing approvals after the elections in time for the April ceremony.I wish all applicants good luck and more responses and advices will be appreciated. Thanks and God bless.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:08 am

NINIOLA69 wrote:Hellooo guys! I do enjoyed and appreciate the ways and manners you guys have supported and encourage one another on the issue of naturalisation and citizenship approvals and application. I have been following this since I submitted my application. Can anyone plz tell me what to expect . I submitted my application on the 29th of September 2015, they received it on the 1st of October 2015. I got the acknowledgment and receipt of the application on the 12th of October 2015 , and further documentations was required on 11 Nov 2015 and was sent same day . Second letter was issued on the 21st of January 2016 and the approval is still pending. I applied based on been an Irish spouse .I came to Ireland 2011 and ever since Ve been living peacefully without any offence or criminal charges . Can anyone plz tell me due to his or her experience what I shd expect cos Ve seen pple that we submitted same time getting approvals. I fink may be am not working or I came into Ireland not too long cos most of the approvals Ve seen were pple of 5yrs residency or 5yrs EU family. Can I still make it to the April ceremony??? Ur advice and contributions will be highly appreciated . Thanks a lot.
No need to worry as your application which is based on Irish spouse looks good and straight forward. In my opinion, your approval may come between now and April. Good luck!

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Post by Bilbil » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:19 am

jumanufer wrote:
Bilbil wrote:And Can I get the email address ????

Citizenshipinfo@ justice.ie
Thanks a million. I'm contacted INIS this morning via email and got a reply that they have received it with my reference number and that I should expect a letter as it has been posted out. Happy now and next time will definitely use registered post

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:22 am

Thank very much Kingdom man! I greatly appreciate ur encouragement and courage. Ur words was like an ice water on my thirsty throat. I appreciate u once again. I will update it whenever I get a response from Justice. Thanks a lot Kingdom man.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:18 pm

Bilbil wrote:
jumanufer wrote:
Bilbil wrote:And Can I get the email address ????

Citizenshipinfo@ justice.ie
Thanks a million. I'm contacted INIS this morning via email and got a reply that they have received it with my reference number and that I should expect a letter as it has been posted out. Happy now and next time will definitely use registered post

Glad to hear it worked out
Good luck now

Star1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Star1988 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi kingdoman,
I got a letter from the inis today regarding my application.
They said they stopped processing my application because I have pending court for dangerous driving. I had an accident in jun 2015 I was hit from behind. The man is accusing me for dangerous driving while he was speeding in 50km zone. I'm actually shocked that they said for dangerous driving. They said they are not going to process my application till after the court.
My insurance said its not my fault. What can I do in this situation? I can't actually believe that

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Star1988 wrote:Hi kingdoman,
They said they stopped processing my application because I have pending court for dangerous driving. I had an accident in jun 2015 I was hit from behind. The man is accusing me for dangerous driving while he was speeding in 50km zone. I'm actually shocked that they said for dangerous driving. They said they are not going to process my application till after the court.
My insurance said its not my fault. What can I do in this situation? I can't actually believe that
Ohh so sorry to hear that star. Did u put that in your application? Or did they just find out? Maybe u can explain to them what really happened and get a solicitor asap to fix that.

Star1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Star1988 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:27 pm

pixie12 wrote:
Ohh so sorry to hear that star. Did u put that in your application? Or did they just find out? Maybe u can explain to them what really happened and get a solicitor asap to fix that.
Hi pixie,

I didn't even know we were going to court only found out today

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:06 pm

Star1988 wrote:
pixie12 wrote:
Hi pixie,

I didn't even know we were going to court only found out today
Hopefully u get that sorted star. Wish u all the best!

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:10 pm

Email them and asked if i will be in the next ceremony. Lol
And this is what i got

Your application continues to be processed & will be submitted to the
Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible. It is not possible to
give an exact timeframe.

Regards

Just applied last jan 16' and i know its still early. Just want to know the status of my application also.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:11 pm

So sorry to hear the news of this. Honestly, it's absolutely out of our hands now and we can only hope that the court process is well accelerated and comes to a favorable conclusion for you so that your naturalization application process can continue. In my personal opinion If you're found guilty by the court for dangerous driving and penalized with a fine, the INIS might delay or defer your application for a period but not outright cancellation of the entire process. I'd think and pray you get very lucky and acquitted of the allegations by the court so that your application process would commence in earnest for your timely approval. All the best.

Star1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Star1988 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Thank a lot for you help and support. Hopefully it will all go well

irisho
Newly Registered

Post by irisho » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:41 am

I will be highly grateful if KingdomMan or anyone with good amount of knowledge on the procedure of INIS can advise me and give me a good suggestion on how long more I have to wait for a decision on my citizenship application. I applied in September 2014 on the basis of irish spouse for the citizenship. I stupidly had a drink-driving offence in the year 2008.I stated this in my application. The last letter I received from INIS was in July 2015 requesting me to forward proof of fine paid. I forwarded this details to them but ever since then whenever I enquire by email on the status of my application, I receive the same email saying they are processing it to be submitted to the minister. I know that I am being punished for my stupid mistake but can anyone tell me how long do they normally delay applications that are not straight forward like mine. Also, I was following a trend on this forum few weeks back where KingdomMan advised one of the users on this forum that a letter of remorse might help. I did write one to them 2weeks ago and got a reply that it was received. An advice will surely be appreciated.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:02 am

irisho wrote:I will be highly grateful if KingdomMan or anyone with good amount of knowledge on the procedure of INIS can advise me and give me a good suggestion on how long more I have to wait for a decision on my citizenship application. I applied in September 2014 on the basis of irish spouse for the citizenship. I stupidly had a drink-driving offence in the year 2008.I stated this in my application. The last letter I received from INIS was in July 2015 requesting me to forward proof of fine paid. I forwarded this details to them but ever since then whenever I enquire by email on the status of my application, I receive the same email saying they are processing it to be submitted to the minister. I know that I am being punished for my stupid mistake but can anyone tell me how long do they normally delay applications that are not straight forward like mine. Also, I was following a trend on this forum few weeks back where KingdomMan advised one of the users on this forum that a letter of remorse might help. I did write one to them 2weeks ago and got a reply that it was received. An advice will surely be appreciated.
For an offence such as yours, the INIS could delay/defer a decision for approval for 12 - 24 months depending on the severity. In your case and in my opinion, with the recent remorseful letter you wrote which they've duly acknowledged, you may likely receive your approval before the end of the year. I wish you good luck in your wait.

irisho
Newly Registered

Post by irisho » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:16 am

@KingdomMan thank you for your time and your response. Really much appreciated.

jani12
Newly Registered

Post by jani12 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:52 am

Hi all, Has anyon received invitation for April 2016 ceremony? Thanks,jani

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:10 pm

Hellooo Jani12, many pple are still expecting their approval letters including me but I fink the dust of the election is just getting settled . After the March 4th ceremony in Waterford then we see how it goes but I don't think they are rolling out invitations yet for April. Let's hope for the better this March in preparation for April ceremony.Thanks.

Abdul6230
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul6230 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi. Can anyone pls tell me that , how many days does it take letter from Liverpool nationality department. For example if ur application been approved and posted to applicants , then how many days does it take to get a letter to ur home address. Thanks

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:07 pm

Kingdom is there a chance that they will start rolling out approvals again after the march 4 ceremony? Or april? When do they usually roll out approvals? I know with the last dec ceremony they started doing it after a month which is january. So not sure whats their pattern.
And on my last email to them this week. They emailed me this:
"Your application continues to be processed & will be submitted to the
give an exact timeframe."

I know for some people who got this same type of email will also have checking for good character etc. But mine didnt. Does it means theyre finish checking it? Well just thought ull have any idea or im just over analyzing it. Thanks in advance!

zak839
Newly Registered

Post by zak839 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:50 am

Hi,

Isn't it the case that you need minister of justice to approve the applications and at present the minister is not in place..

cracovia445
Newly Registered

Post by cracovia445 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:09 am

pixie12 wrote:Kingdom is there a chance that they will start rolling out approvals again after the march 4 ceremony? Or april? When do they usually roll out approvals? I know with the last dec ceremony they started doing it after a month which is january. So not sure whats their pattern.
And on my last email to them this week. They emailed me this:
"Your application continues to be processed & will be submitted to the
give an exact timeframe."

I know for some people who got this same type of email will also have checking for good character etc. But mine didnt. Does it means theyre finish checking it? Well just thought ull have any idea or im just over analyzing it. Thanks in advance!

Hi Pixie maybe i am wrong but at the start they were giving me reply (Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.)

but now the reply is similar to yours so i don't know what those two different mails are indicating(Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to
give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
has been reached.)

i applied in OCT all clear record incl driving lets see what happens but you are right about the email reply maybe we will get decision soon.

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:07 am

Helllooooo guys! Sorry just a bit anxious and curious,with the way things are at the moment with reference to the elections fallout! What will be our faith in the approval of our naturalisation application??Are we going to wait for the new govt to be formed or Minister Frances Fritgerad will continue?? Cos am in dilemma now and with regards to April will there still be any approval letters going out?? Kingdom man!! Ur advice will be appreciated.