ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT (Short Term) Switch to Tier 2 ICT (Long Term)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanp7
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT (Short Term) Switch to Tier 2 ICT (Long Term)

Post by sanp7 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:09 pm

Hi guys,

My friend is currently on a Tier 2 ICT (Short Term) Visa. It is valid till May 2016. However the company wants to apply for a long term visa now.

1. Can the switch be done being in the UK or does he have to go back and apply for the home country?

2. If the visa expires before he makes the application. Can he go back and apply for the Tier 2 long term immediately? Will there be a cooling off period if the visa expires.

Thanks.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT (Short Term) Switch to Tier 2 ICT (Long Term)

Post by poper » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:11 am

sanp7 wrote:Hi guys,

My friend is currently on a Tier 2 ICT (Short Term) Visa. It is valid till May 2016. However the company wants to apply for a long term visa now.

1. Can the switch be done being in the UK or does he have to go back and apply for the home country?
No. Apply from Home country
2. If the visa expires before he makes the application. Can he go back and apply for the Tier 2 long term immediately? Will there be a cooling off period if the visa expires.
No cool off if applying with the same sponsor.
Thanks.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.