ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Stay rules

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ibsg_1711
Newly Registered

Dependant Stay rules

Post by ibsg_1711 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:09 pm

My TIER 2 ICT expires by end of may, 2016. My wife is working here for another company. I might have to leave by end of march owing to project related issues. If my wife also leaves by that time she needs to pay some hefty fine which she can escape if she stays till may 27th. Can she stay till that time even if I have left UK by march 2016??

abhi1146
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant Stay rules

Post by abhi1146 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Dependent visa are in line with the Main applicants visa. If your visa gets over I am sure that hers will too. She cant continue to work without a visa.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Dependant Stay rules

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:42 pm

As long as you have valid leave to at least her last working day and you remain in the UK then all will be well.
If you leave the UK, technically her leave to remain under a dependent visa would be in breach if she stays on in the UK beyond your departure date.
If you are continuing to work for your company back home then you are not in a position to do too much about it, If they say your going then your going...
Your wife's leave will only become an issue in real terms if your leave gets curtailed due to early departure from the UK. Even if your company tells UKVI in March you have left by the time they action any curtailment it will be a pointless exercise as there will be less than 60 days left on your and by default her visa. In that scenario they don't curtail. They let the visa hit the expiry date.
The chances of her being caught are slim but it is a risk.
You and she will have to decide what is your risk to reward and make a decision.