ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Application Refused in India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mayur169
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa Application Refused in India

Post by Mayur169 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:20 pm

HI,

I recently applied to invite my Fiancee over from India to visit for 1 month as holiday. She is currently studying her PhD in India - Gujarat University. Our application was rejected on the following basis:

1. You state that you wish to visit your fiance for a period of one month. You have any provided any substantial document to demonstrate that you are engaged. You have submitted few photos but it doesnt not demonstrae that you are engaged as claimed.

2. You state that the total cost of your trip will be covered by your fiance. I ackowledge the documents you have submitted relating to your sponsors circumstances however i am also required to assess your own personal and economic circumstances in India. You state that you are a non working post graduate student studying PHD at Gujarat University. You state that you derive an income of £4692 pm form public funds and benefits and savings and investments. You have however failed to demonstrate that you are financially supported from these funds.

3. You state that you wil be getting married to your sponsor in December but you have no provided any documents to demonstrate that arrangements are in place for your wedding to go ahead in India. I am therefore not satisfied that your intentions are as claimed.

Now reading the above I am not sure how i go about this. I want to reapply and correct the above points but also dont want to risk another rejection because i am being told that this can cause an issue when i apply next year for her Spouse Visa.

Can someone please advise me what i should do in this situation.

1. Should i reapply? If i do and they reject again will it affect future spouse application.

2. How can i prove engagement? It is not recognised legally like marriage. I got engaged in India on 18/10/2015.

3. How can i provide evidence of those funds are financially supporting her. There is a error in the numbers, we wanted to show that she earn £192 a month and has a FD of 4.5lac rupees. She is currently staying at home with her parents and they are supporting her financially whilst she completes her PHD but she is getting funds from government, which she saves for herself.

4. Wedding arragements, i can provide some proof such as: Holiday approved from work to visit India for marriage purposes, flight tickets booked, honeymoon booked, photographer booked. Is this sufficient evidence that wedding is going ahead?

I am very keen for my Fiancee to simply visit me for 1 month and then go back. Your advise/help will be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor Visa Application Refused in India

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:38 pm

1. No, it should not have any affect on a spouse visa.

2. Did you have an engagement party? Invitation, photos etc.

3. Fixed deposits are not counted as any funds you show, have to be liquid. What evidence from her parents has she provided if they support her?

4. Yes, all those will help.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mayur169
Newly Registered

Post by Mayur169 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:54 pm

1. Ok great. So i will atleast try once more.

2 . We had a engagement get together in a restaurant with 40 people. We didnt book a hall or anything as such. We didnt print any invitation cards at the time because we verbally invited close friends and family.
We submitted few photos but they have rejected these so not sure what else i can sumbit. Can i submit:

a. My flight tickets as proof of me going to India with Family. Train tickets showing journey from Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
b. Receipts of engagement rings.
c. Facebook status with Engaged as relationship with peoples comments and likes.
d. We went on a 2 day trip to hyderabad. I have flight tickets and hotel bookings confirmations.

3. We didnt provide any evidence of her parents supporting here. What sort of documents can we provide to show this? I mean she stays with them and they pay all the bills etc. Can you give examples.

4. Ok thats great.

Obviously we never know what the ECO thinks at the time of assessing the application but do you think if we reapplied with the missing evidence we have a very good chance of getting the visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:58 pm

2. Yes, submit all of that to show engagement plus the photos. The ring receipt is important.

3. Parents bank statements, property documents etc. any other family ties like siblings etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mayur169
Newly Registered

Post by Mayur169 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi

1. What do you mean sibling ties. She has a brother who is a Doctor in Riyadh and he has been to London Already for a period of 2 weeks. He doesnt pay towards supporting her so in what terms can we show these ties?

I had got a solicitor to approve all of my sponsor documents, which she submitted and has now received again. Can we use those same documents and resubmit or will i need to send the same documents with more up-to-date bank statements and get that stamped by solicitor as done preivously.

Also i am assuming we will need to write a cover letter in response to their rejection and show them the extra evidence.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Mayur169 wrote:1. What do you mean sibling ties. She has a brother who is a Doctor in Riyadh and he has been to London Already for a period of 2 weeks. He doesnt pay towards supporting her so in what terms can we show these ties?
She could have mentioned that she also has a brother who she is close to perhaps. It shows family ties to home country. She has to convince the ECO that she will return home after visiting the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mayur169
Newly Registered

Post by Mayur169 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:07 pm

Where can you mention that? There is not a siblings section anywhere in the application form. Are you saying mention this in the cover letter as a reference and then provide some evidence such as birth certificate of her brother and sister.

We submitted letters from Gujarat University stating that she is only 1 month annual leave so i am assuming that this should help as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Not in the main part of the form, possibly in the additional information section or letter /b-certificate if necessary.

If she is a student, how has the university 'granted her annual leave'? Annual leave implies someone who is working.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mayur169
Newly Registered

Post by Mayur169 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi,

She is doing a PHD full time and as part of that she gets holidays given to her which she can take throughout the year. therefore she had submitted a letter of holiday approved by the Gujarat University so that she can visit me for 1 month.

Ok i will ensure that family ties are mentioned because she also lives with her Sister in law and her niece. Do you have an example of such letter that i can use as reference for this purpose. I really appreciate your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:44 pm

No, there is no template letter as what a person writes is specific to their circumstances.

Get her S-i-L to write a letter confirming all of this and the close bond with niece etc. Just the facts about the relationship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mayur169
Newly Registered

Post by Mayur169 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Ok fine.

Also do you know if it is acceptable if i submit electronic copies of the following on Dvd:

1. Video of engagement ceremony
2. Whatsapp chat history from both our mobiles.

I am not 100% sure if they will review the electronic evidence.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:15 pm

No, they won't.

Whatsapp needs to be printed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mayur169
Newly Registered

Post by Mayur169 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi

Ok thats cool. Do you think i have enough here to apply for a reconsideration request as i am still within 14 days period. I can provide all of the above in writing with additional evidence.

Thanks

Kanon
Newly Registered

Post by Kanon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:44 pm

Hello Mate,
Have re-applied for your fiancé? What was the result if you did?