ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS surcharge payment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

svatuk
United Kingdom

IHS surcharge payment

Post by svatuk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:27 pm

Dear All

I am about to pay IHS surcharge FLR(M). Which is asking me to fill the "The person you are joining or remaining with" page. There it is asking to fill the persons visa expiry date. But I am on ILR LR. What to write for this?

Please can anyone help with this?

Regards

svatuk

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: IHS surcharge payment

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:37 pm

The forum is confusing. It should be completed as 'applying alone'.

Edit: Who is the application for?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

svatuk
United Kingdom

Post by svatuk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Casa wrote:The forum is confusing. It should be completed as 'applying alone'.

Edit: Who is the application for?

Sorry for the confusion.

I am on ILR LR and my wife is applying for FLR(M). While paying the IHS surcharge online after filling the first page with the applicant details, when click to next page (SUMMARY PAGE), bottom of the page it is asking "are you applying to join or remain with a person already in the UK"

There is option ADD THIS PERSON'S DETAILS. When I click that to add my details it is asking to fill my IHS reference number if I have any and also my visa expiry date.
There is a note saying "You don't need to add this person's details if they are a UK or EEA citizen.

But I am ILR LR not sure what to write or leave it and go to next step.

Hope I didn't confused again.

Regards

svatuk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Don't add your details. She is applying ALONE.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

svatuk
United Kingdom

Post by svatuk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:23 pm

CR001 wrote:Don't add your details. She is applying ALONE.

Many thanks for the reply.

Can you please also help me to fill the following points.

I was dependent of my wife from 2010 to 2015 November. (2010 TO 2012 student dependent, 2012 to 2014 psw dependent and 2014 to 2015 Tier-1 dependant)

What are the option to select for 2.2 and 2.3.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

svatuk

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Are we supposed to know off by heart the sections of all the forms? It would help if you said what these refer to. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

svatuk
United Kingdom

Post by svatuk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:49 pm

Casa wrote:Are we supposed to know off by heart the sections of all the forms? It would help if you said what these refer to. :|
Apologies that is my state of mind at the moment. Stressed and confused.

2.2 Is this first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiance or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

options:

First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a sttled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

Second period leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain)

Sorry once again for the blank question before.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

svatuk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:31 pm

2.2 Yes

2.3 this one - 'Second period leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain)'
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

svatuk
United Kingdom

Post by svatuk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:24 pm

CR001 wrote:2.2 Yes

2.3 this one - 'Second period leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain)'
Many thanks Char