ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pixie12

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by pixie12 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:50 am

cracovia445 wrote:
pixie12 wrote:Kingdom is there a chance that they will start rolling out approvals again after the march 4 ceremony? Or april? When do they usually roll out approvals? I know with the last dec ceremony they started doing it after a month which is january. So not sure whats their pattern.
And on my last email to them this week. They emailed me this:
"Your application continues to be processed & will be submitted to the
Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible. It is not possible to
give an exact timeframe."

I know for some people who got this same type of email will also have checking for good character etc. But mine didnt. Does it means theyre finish checking it? Well just thought ull have any idea or im just over analyzing it. Thanks in advance!

Hi Pixie maybe i am wrong but at the start they were giving me reply (Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.)

but now the reply is similar to yours so i don't know what those two different mails are indicating(Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to
give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
has been reached.)

i applied in OCT all clear record incl driving lets see what happens but you are right about the email reply maybe we will get decision soon.
Yeah thats what i usually see when some members posted the same exact email. When did u get the "checkin the lawful residence and good character"? Whats the interval? I know theyre just copy and pasting thos email. So just wondering why they didnt include some part of it. I know if you're almost on getting the approval letter. It should be " advance stage " and u can just wait for a couple of weeks for your letter in the post. Lets just hope for the best!

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:52 am

NINIOLA69 wrote:Helllooooo guys! Sorry just a bit anxious and curious,with the way things are at the moment with reference to the elections fallout! What will be our faith in the approval of our naturalisation application??Are we going to wait for the new govt to be formed or Minister Frances Fritgerad will continue?? Cos am in dilemma now and with regards to April will there still be any approval letters going out?? Kingdom man!! Ur advice will be appreciated.
Are they going to change minister fitzgerald? I hope not!!

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi kingdoman, I rang the citizenship helpline thus morning , and the lady told me that my file has been sent to the Minister for decision, then I asked her when should we be expecting it back, she said she dont know it's up to the Minister .Pls kingdom man could this information be truth and how soon should I be expecting decision based on yr past experiences. Thanks in advance .

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Helloo Dublin777 ,can u gve us ur timeline plzz??? Whn did u submitted ur application. ?? The way things are no one knows what we happen next,we just pray everything works in our favour.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:29 pm

dublin777 wrote:Hi kingdoman, I rang the citizenship helpline thus morning , and the lady told me that my file has been sent to the Minister for decision, then I asked her when should we be expecting it back, she said she dont know it's up to the Minister .Pls kingdom man could this information be truth and how soon should I be expecting decision based on yr past experiences. Thanks in advance .
In a matter of weeks (the next 2 - 4 weeks) in my opinion.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:31 pm

NINIOLA69 wrote:Helllooooo guys! Sorry just a bit anxious and curious,with the way things are at the moment with reference to the elections fallout! What will be our faith in the approval of our naturalisation application??Are we going to wait for the new govt to be formed or Minister Frances Fritgerad will continue?? Cos am in dilemma now and with regards to April will there still be any approval letters going out?? Kingdom man!! Ur advice will be appreciated.
It is most likely there will be approvals rolling out again any moment from now.

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:32 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
dublin777 wrote:Hi kingdoman, I rang the citizenship helpline thus morning , and the lady told me that my file has been sent to the Minister for decision, then I asked her when should we be expecting it back, she said she dont know it's up to the Minister .Pls kingdom man could this information be truth and how soon should I be expecting decision based on yr past experiences. Thanks in advance .
Kingdom man?? Don't u think the political situations will affect our applications?? Just bn curious,scared and in dilemma .

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:37 pm

NINIOLA69 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
Kingdom man?? Don't u think the political situations will affect our applications?? Just bn curious,scared and in dilemma .
The INIS is an institution and not a political office so there's no need bringing up such topic on this forum.

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:50 pm

My timelinei s as follows

Application based on 5 yrs residence
Applied . 2014
Additional doc's. September 2014
Approval still waiting......
Rang this morningg got told file has been sent to the Honourable Minister. Don't know how true us that tho :)

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:15 pm

Dublin777 that is quite a long time! I pray u find favour in the coming weeks.

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:20 pm

dublin777 wrote:My timelinei s as follows

Application based on 5 yrs residence
Applied . 2014
Additional doc's. September 2014
Approval still waiting......
Rang this morningg got told file has been sent to the Honourable Minister. Don't know how true us that tho :)
That's is quite a long time,do u have any issues before,during or after ur applications bcos most of the applications that are straightforward were processed btw 6months or less. I pray u will get the good news in the coming weeks.

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:27 pm

NINIOLA69 . Thank u for you concern :) .I also wish everyonet he best of luck .Yes I was having few issues in the past obviously. But have learnt my lesson .

Star1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Star1988 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:56 pm

dublin777 wrote:NINIOLA69 . Thank u for you concern :) .I also wish everyonet he best of luck .Yes I was having few issues in the past obviously. But have learnt my lesson .
Hopefully you will get it soon. If you don't mind asking you, did you have traffic offences? Because I'm going to court. I think that is a long time waiting

Dulabhai
Newly Registered

Post by Dulabhai » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi All,

I was reading this forum for last two days. This forum is the right place to share and getting appropriate advise from few experience people like KingdomMan. Anyway here is my story:

Applied based on 5 Years Residency on Stamp 4 EU FAM
Application submitted on 21st of December, 2015
First Acknowledgement letter on 15th of January.
then no more letter from them.

Just to mention that I was in court in 10th of October 2010 for over speeding, I got 4 penalty points and 120 euro fine. I paid it on the same day which I mentioned on my application (payment receipt included with the application). I drove in Santry, Whitehall in 2010 with speed 72KM where the speed limit was 50KM.

I sent them an email last week to know the status of my application, got the following reply:

Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to
has been reached.

KingdomMan, I would much appreciate if you could advise me if I should write to them a letter of remorse for my conviction? Do you think my conviction is so serious that they will hold my application for long time?

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:25 am

Dulabhai wrote:Hi All,

I was reading this forum for last two days. This forum is the right place to share and getting appropriate advise from few experience people like KingdomMan. Anyway here is my story:

Just to mention that I was in court in 10th of October 2010 for over speeding, I got 4 penalty points and 120 euro fine. I paid it on the same day which I mentioned on my application (payment receipt included with the application). I drove in Santry, Whitehall in 2010 with speed 72KM where the speed limit was 50KM.

I sent them an email last week to know the status of my application, got the following reply:

has been reached.

KingdomMan, I would much appreciate if you could advise me if I should write to them a letter of remorse for my conviction? Do you think my conviction is so serious that they will hold my application for long time?
Hi, just wondering whats written on your first letter? Me and jumanufer received first and second letter combined(one letter). Maybe its the same with u too. So if u can tell us whats on the first letter you received? If u can also read our previous post. Our conversation was there about it. (PAGE 24 CONVO)

Ludmir67
Newly Registered

Post by Ludmir67 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:10 am

Hi all, I received my letter of approval on 8th Feb and I emailed them to ask about ceremony and they wrote that I will receive a letter of invitation in the coming weeks , but I haven't got anything yet.
So I just wanted to check if any who has received an approval letter recently, if they have received a letter of invitation for the Ceremony in April? Thanks

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Post by Bilbil » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 am

pixie12 wrote:

has been reached.

Hi, just wondering whats written on your first letter? Me and jumanufer received first and second letter combined(one letter). Maybe its the same with u too. So if u can tell us whats on the first letter you received? If u can also read our previous post. Our conversation was there about it. (PAGE 24 CONVO)
I also got the first and second letter combo. Application on the 8th Feb and received letter on the 29th Feb. Same as Pixie12 and Jamanufer. Not expecting approval b4 the April ceremony but hopefully in July

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:12 am

Bilbil wrote:
pixie12 wrote:

has been reached.

I also got the first and second letter combo. Application on the 8th Feb and received letter on the 29th Feb. Same as Pixie12 and Jamanufer. Not expecting approval b4 the April ceremony but hopefully in July

Is normally a ceremony in July?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:22 am

has been reached.

We've seen many applicants with traffic offences/convictions who got lucky and got approval within 6 months of applying. In your own case and in my personal opinion, I think you might get lucky too and get your approval soon. Good luck in your wait! :)

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:39 am

Ludmir67 wrote:Hi all, I received my letter of approval on 8th Feb and I emailed them to ask about ceremony and they wrote that I will receive a letter of invitation in the coming weeks , but I haven't got anything yet.
So I just wanted to check if any who has received an approval letter recently, if they have received a letter of invitation for the Ceremony in April? Thanks
Letter of invitations for the April 15th citizenship ceremony will likely issue in the next 1 - 2 weeks

jani12
Newly Registered

Post by jani12 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi Guys,

Need help on one of the point in Citizenship application, I am preparing documentation for my wife who will apply for Naturalization on the bases of Irish Spouse , She is Non-EU and has been living legally in Ireland for last 4 years, her application will be on the bases on Irish Spouse 3 years residence. I am not quite clear on the below requirement in the application form where it ask for residency permission stamps for 3 years in total - the question I have, does she only need to provide the Proof of her stamps she had during her stay in Ireland or does she also need to provide additional proof of residence in Ireland i.e. 3 three different proofs of residence for each year showing her name and address and date of issue.

She has all stamps renewed on time without any gaps. the point from application is copied below:

Evidence of residency permission i.e. a copy of your passport(s) showing residency permission stamps for a period of 1 year immediately prior to the application and 2 years in the 4 year period before that, equalling 3 years in total, OR
alternatively proof of residence in the island of Ireland for this period. Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing your name and address and date of issue i.e. household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, doctors letter etc.

Thanks,

Zubair

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:16 pm

jani12 wrote:Hi Guys,

Need help on one of the point in Citizenship application, I am preparing documentation for my wife who will apply for Naturalization on the bases of Irish Spouse , She is Non-EU and has been living legally in Ireland for last 4 years, her application will be on the bases on Irish Spouse 3 years residence. I am not quite clear on the below requirement in the application form where it ask for residency permission stamps for 3 years in total - the question I have, does she only need to provide the Proof of her stamps she had during her stay in Ireland or does she also need to provide additional proof of residence in Ireland i.e. 3 three different proofs of residence for each year showing her name and address and date of issue.

She has all stamps renewed on time without any gaps. the point from application is copied below:

Evidence of residency permission i.e. a copy of your passport(s) showing residency permission stamps for a period of 1 year immediately prior to the application and 2 years in the 4 year period before that, equalling 3 years in total, OR
alternatively proof of residence in the island of Ireland for this period. Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing your name and address and date of issue i.e. household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, doctors letter etc.

Thanks,

Zubair

Hi for non EU is easier than EU. My wife applied and got her approval without sending any proof of residency other than the stamps.

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:28 pm

Thanks,

Zubair
Three address proof of the latest 3 months are enough with your 3 years stamp.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:00 am

Thanks,

Zubair
On my application as an irish spouse i passed both. I sent them copies of my immigration stamps and copies of bills each year i was here. Just one per year is enough. Like for example( one for 2012, 2013 and 2014) i did use utility bills and doctors appointment. The immigration stamps will be enough for them i think. But i would rather send them everything since i have those documents. And i would suggest for you to do the same thing if u have it too. Better give them everything they need in one go.

sfj123
Newly Registered

Post by sfj123 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi All,

If anyone can let me know that when filling out the Form 8 Section 4 Previous Addresses (for past 9 years), do I need to specify both Month and Year for 'From' and 'To' or only Year is sufficient?
Is this part for Garda report/good character check?

Thanks a lot!