ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job posting to satisfy Labour Market test in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vnaveen89
Newly Registered

Job posting to satisfy Labour Market test in UK

Post by vnaveen89 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi,

I am currently in Tier 2 sponsorship visa. Due to change in UKBA immigration law I need to go through Labour Market Test.

I have a below question about Job Advertisement,

If Job advertisement it says that “we not only offer a fun and dynamic environment to work in, we also offer employees competitive market base salaries”. Is this qualify for Job advertisement standard according to UKBA please?

In the below link,

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... dendum.pdf

UKBA mentioned that,

28.20 When carrying out the resident labour market test, you can only use the advertising methods set out in this guidance. The job advertisement must be in English, or Welsh if based in Wales, and it must include: a) the job title; b) the main duties and responsibilities of the job (job description); c) the location of the job; d) an indication of the salary package or salary range or terms on offer. For more information, please see rates of pay; e) skills, qualifications and experience needed; and f) the closing date for applications, unless it is part of a rolling recruitment programme. (If it is a rolling recruitment programme, the advertisement should show the period of the recruitment programme).

So my question is, in Job advertisement they mentioned “we also offer employees competitive market base salaries” is this satisfying 28.20.d) an indication of the salary package or salary range or terms on offer?

noajthan

Re: Job posting to satisfy Labour Market test in UK

Post by noajthan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:45 pm

vnaveen89 wrote:Hi,

I am currently in Tier 2 sponsorship visa. Due to change in UKBA immigration law I need to go through Labour Market Test.

So my question is, in Job advertisement they mentioned “we also offer employees competitive market base salaries” is this satisfying 28.20.d) an indication of the salary package or salary range or terms on offer?
If I read that I would not know what it meant nor what to expect.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:37 pm

In my experience 'market base' means 'crap'.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vnaveen89
Newly Registered

Post by vnaveen89 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:51 pm

Thanks for your reply. I would like to know whether it's satisfying the job post (advertisement) requirements according to UKBA.

“we not only offer a fun and dynamic environment to work in, we also offer employees competitive market base salaries”

In terms of salary.

UKBA mentioned that Job posting should contain below information,

an indication of the salary package or salary range or terms on offer.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:45 am

Salary means a range stated in numbers (between 23k and 30k a year for example). Something quantitative (a number) and not qualitative (a word like "competitive", which does not indicate whether the salary will fulfil the requirements).

Job posts normally have that amount. It tells prospect workers what they will earn clearly. words like "competitive" mean nothing. numbers are necessary here...