ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child birth in UK or India??Very confused!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:18 am

Hi All,

I am on HSMP in UK..My wife is also in UK on dependent visa...We are expecting our first child next year..
Just wondering whether my wife shd. go back to India for delivery or do it in UK
Can some1 pl. answer my following Queries??

Assuming my child is born in India
1)When i get my ILR, will my child and wife also get ILR considering that they wont qualify for ILR..My wife would have major break (5 months) due to travel to UK and kid wouldnot have spent 5 years in UK
2)When i get my Citizenship, will me dependent will also get Citizenship considering points above??
3)Will the child have any drawbacks considering he/she is born in India and not UK??
4)Will we be deprived of any benefits since child is born in India??
5)How are NHS facilities in UK??We dont have a car and are emergency services avaialvle at night/weekends/odd hours if we need them??

We are confused and trying to figure out if we shd. have child birth in India or UK??
Your advice me help in deciding future course of action..

Thanks
Ashish

pennylessinindia

Re: Child birth in UK or India??Very confused!!!

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:58 pm

5)How are NHS facilities in UK??We dont have a car and are emergency services avaialvle at night/weekends/odd hours if we need them??

We are confused and trying to figure out if we shd. have child birth in India or UK??
If you are able have the babe in the UK far safer for all do so. Not too worry bout car etc I am sure you will find a friend who will help if the little one comes in the night. If your wife does not have a good command of English do make sure someone is with her who does - whole thing can be jolly scarey if you do not understand what is happening - you may have to be with her if she does not a good command. I am sure you will find a good midwife to help you and advise if things happen out of office hours so to speak.
Sorry do not know anwers to the other points
pennyless

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:55 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...We have decided to go to India ..Just bcoz of family support ..and there are no obvious adv. of having a kid born in UK..

Thanks
Ashish

frances2

Post by frances2 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:48 pm

ashishashah wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the reply...We have decided to go to India ..Just bcoz of family support ..and there are no obvious adv. of having a kid born in UK..

Thanks
Ashish
I hope you don't think I'm morbid BUT - if you compare the maternal mortality rates and perinatal mortality rates between India and the UK most people would have there baby in the UK, given the chance.

If you request an interprator for your wife one will be available.

Good luck

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:37 pm

I hope you don't think I'm morbid BUT - if you compare the maternal mortality rates and perinatal mortality rates between India and the UK most people would have there baby in the UK, given the chance.

Hi,
I understand what u r saying...wife is comfortable in English,but since we dont have any family here to support and i am still not aware of NHS system,this has more to do with comfort level rather then safety concerns..

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:54 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:07 am

would you rather be more comforatable whilst putting your baby at a higher risk? In that situation i think most people would be uncomfortable thinking about being comfortable

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:27 am

Wel..its the other way around..we know doctore/medical staff in India and help is at hand with many ppl. around to help us if things go wrong..
Here we had run around a lot even to register and it took us 2 months to get hold of a doctor..Nothing against NHS ,i might consider it one off experience...But at that time i had made up my mind to go to India for critical illness/child birth etc..

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:10 pm

My gut feeling is that if I were in your wife's position, knowing the child will get naturalised soon anyway, I'd rather have a baby somewhere where my mum and dad are close at hand. The immigration issue is not a big one, so just go with whatever makes your wife happiest.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!