ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office approval letter Tier 2 lost

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tallat
Newly Registered

Home Office approval letter Tier 2 lost

Post by tallat » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi all,

I have my ILR appointment on 11 March and I cannot find my first letter of approval from the home office.
I don't have a scanned copy either. I do have an email/virtual copy of the COS, but not the actual letter saying that I was granted a Tier 2 visa in 2010. Will I be refused ILR because I don't have this important document?

bgamba
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: Home Office approval letter Tier 2 lost

Post by bgamba » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:19 pm

Do we need to prove by a way of a letter that we have been granted a visa?

tallat
Newly Registered

Post by tallat » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:28 pm

Its one of the things listed on the checklist that was given to me, and all my friends applying for ILR on Tier 2 had to submit their letters of Approval from the Home office (that says you were granted the visa). Although this visa is in your passport, and they should have it on the system.
I do worry that it is a requirement.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:34 pm

Where exactly does it say you need this letter?

I have just looked at the Set(O) form and it does not ask for this anywhere that I can see.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tallat
Newly Registered

Post by tallat » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:40 pm

It isn't on the form but I was advised by 2 immigration lawyers and friends to include it, which is why I worried about not having it.
I am relieved if that is not the case. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:43 pm

You need a letter from your employer that you 'will be required in your position for the foreseeable future'.

Why would they suggest an old approval letter when you clearly have the evidence of a visa to prove it was approved. Doesn't make any sense.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bgamba
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by bgamba » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:21 am

I got my ILR tier 2 general on 18 February this year and you dont have to submit any previous home office letter. What you need to do is submit your entry clearence visa in my case it was on the passport and submit your previous biometric card which contains your leave to remain approval. No need to submit the letter you are talking about. Its better to take your time sit down and read the guidance what the home home office require and not what someone is telling you to do. Please read my timelines and what i submited here.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... a#p1310845