ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ABOUT NARIC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

libra
Newly Registered

ABOUT NARIC

Post by libra » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:22 pm

Hello All,

I got a problem or say confusion about my graduation degree. I did my graduation thats BCS in 3 year with 114 credit hours.

Currently i am living in Pakistan, i have searched out UK universities degree duration , they also have 3 year of graduation thats Honors Program.

My problem is; i have applied for HSMP in October, now i want NARIC to assess my degree and give me the comparability assessment report. So,

can i make my assessment now after my case submission?

can i submit that assessment letter to HSMP team at this stage?

Please reply.

Thanks[/b]

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:10 pm

can i make my assessment now after my case submission?
Have you submited your original degree certificates and/or transcripts? And do you have photocopies the same? You probably will require them for the assessment. The first thing for you to do is find out the requirements.

Note that for HSMP an assessment from NARIC is not required. They will validate your degree based on the NARIC recognised list.
can i submit that assessment letter to HSMP team at this stage?
You can send additional documentation to the HSMP team qouting your reference number alloted and it will be considered, provided it reaches them before your application comes up for processing.

libra
Newly Registered

Post by libra » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:37 am

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, i have sent my original Degree/ Transcript. I have photocopies of all documents.

My point is, may be HSMP team could not go in that much detail. So if i get the positive assessment letter from NARIC then it will be very helpful for HSMP team to atleast decide about my graduation.

Because there is always a question mark on Pakistani Degree. Either these are not correctly considered or rate it lower.

What do you suggest?

Regards

technician

Post by technician » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:18 am

Hi mwazir & Libra,

Ragarding NARIC compatibility, I have done one stupid work.

I have got that NARIC equivalency certificate by paying GBP 25/= fees and posted those original certificates along with my HSMP approval request at DONCASTER.

Will the HSMP team ever return those certificates, along with APPROVAL or rejection...Please inform I am worried

TECH
Team work- Nurturing Talents

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:37 am

They will return all documents, regarding the first question of sending the NARIC letter after sending the HSMP application, the answer is yes, you can send additional docs before they consider your application.
The naric option helps those people that are not sure if the HO will recognise the degree, it takes the uncertanty out of the equation.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

libra
Newly Registered

Post by libra » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:24 am

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Now i have decided to go for NARIC.

Lets hope for the best.

Best regards for all of you.

mjwall

NARIC list?

Post by mjwall » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:27 pm

Hi all

Where can I find a list of accredited degrees / universities on the internet?

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:15 pm

good question.....is not just a list, it has to be the same list that NARIC has, and they charge £25 per check....... NARIC business is to charge per check, they won't put it on the internet for free....
Home office checks the NARIC database, any other dtabase ( for example the one from the UN or from each country is not a good option).
spend the £25 and get over the doubt.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

libra
Newly Registered

Post by libra » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:18 am

One more question, at what address should i send the additional documents.

Doncaster or any other?

alicipherd
Newly Registered

How long NARIC will take to reply with assessment

Post by alicipherd » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:51 am

Can any one tells me the time period NARIC required to full process your document and sends you the assessemnt report. I am trying to obtain my Degree equilance from ANRIC before I file me HSMP to UK.

Can any one through experiacne tell sme about

Cheers
Ali

libra
Newly Registered

Post by libra » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:19 pm

According to NARIC article they will take around 2 weeks time once they receive payment and all the documents photocopies.

Degree comparability wont take too long but if you are looking for more in depth assessment then it may take longer than that.

Hope this will help you.

alicipherd
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by alicipherd » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:10 am

Thanks Libra..

Cheers

NomanAli
Newly Registered

Post by NomanAli » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:13 am

Libra

Please keep posting about any update from NARIC as I have the same situation 3 years PU BS ans 2 years PU MS. I am not sure about whether the give me 15 points in total or 25. I just hint from a rejection. where a 3 year BCS from PU was awarded 15 points, which shows that I should be titled for 25 points for my education. PU = Punjab University 8)

libra
Newly Registered

Post by libra » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:24 am

Noman,

As far as your question is concernemd, i would like to mention few things here.

It does not matter the no. of years you studied but infact what matter most to NARIC are;

1) University Name (Accredited & Recognized).
2) No. of courses you studied during your degree tenure.
3) Credit Hours per course.
4) Total No. of Credit Hours including Final Project + Thesis
5) Any other relevant course / certification that supports your degree.

I have filled out the Online Application Form for this Assessment and soon send my Transcripts and Degrees to NARIC. So as soon as i get the reponse from NARIC, i will update you all about the Degree Comparability issue specially for Pakistan.

NomanAli
Newly Registered

Post by NomanAli » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:00 pm

Dear Libra,

I understand your point of view. You know in Pakistan the courses structure and Credit Hours do not change too frequenly so more or less your 3 years BCS would be same as my 3 year BCS and total Credit hours etc,

Now its not possible for NARIC to evaluate each degree for each request. NARIC surely maintaining a database containing list of recogonised universities and the courses and equivalance level to British standards.
What do you say?

alicipherd
Newly Registered

Reply to Noman

Post by alicipherd » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:02 pm

Dear Noman.
My case is about same to yours, I have BSc Industrial Engineering 2 Years and PGD Ind Engineering one year. and above all have one year diploma in management from UK. and six moth certificate course in health and safety management from UK too.

Indeed my base qualification is BSc therefore I sent my docs to NARIC so they can assess and reply about. I am sure I will get thgough, but to be on safe side I am doing an assessment from NARIC.

Will let you know about the results.

What I am more then sure about you is you will easily get 15 points. rest assured.

Cheers
Ali