ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Enrolment Flexibility

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nzekells

Biometric Enrolment Flexibility

Post by Nzekells » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:55 pm

Hello my people,

Greetings. And congratulations on keeping this agile forum worthwhile and invaluable. Please assist me here.

1. On the Biometric notification letter, do they still say you have "'15 working days' (from the date of this letter) to book an appointment"?
I ask as I want to book on the last day of any specified booking time. And even then, I'd still book to enrol it about two weeks away from that last day, thus buying more time.
I have only about two months left to ILR Long Residence from the end of my current visa.

2. How long does it mostly take from Biometric enrolment to decision/outcome on one's visa?

3. Do the purported 14 days after the decision/outcome on an Admin Review count towards 10 Years ILR/LR?

4. If AR outcome is negative, can one make a fresh application, and if so, would Rule 3C continuum apply during the time of the fresh application?

Please weigh in, no matter how trivial. Thank you, bruvers. Stay blessed.
Opinion is researchedly mine!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric Enrolment Flexibility

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:37 am

1. Biometrics are enrolled at the Post Office. There is no 'appointment'. You just arrive with your letter. Yes, the letter gives you 15 days to enroll them.

2. It depends on a number of things : how busy HO are, how complex your application is, if your application is valid or not, if you meet ALL the requirements of your application.

3. Don't know

4. Don't know
Thank you, bruvers.
We aren't all male 'bruvers' members :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:33 pm

3. Yes as long as you applied before you visa expired, time spent on AR will be covered by section 3C
4. No, after your AR is served (two business days after AR rejection) you become an over stayer
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:03 pm

Thank you, CR001. Lol. Oversight on my part to address forum members as 'bruvers'.

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:55 pm

Thank you Zimba88 for ur answer too. You guys rock. One more thing please. Check below excerpt from ILR (LR) guidance.

The Immigration Rules were amended with effect from 1 October 2012. The changes affect applications which were made on or after 9 July 2012 and are decided on or after 1 October 2012.
If the continuous residence period includes periods of overstaying but further leave was granted before 1 October 2012, you may disregard these periods when considering an application for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) provided the period of overstaying does not exceed 28 days.
For applications made before 9 July 2012 there is no requirement for applications for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) to be made ‘in-time’ under the 10 years long residence rules.
For applications made on or after 9 July 2012 an applicant applying for an extension of stay or indefinite leave to remain (ILR) on the basis of long residence must not be in breach of the Immigration Rules. However, for the purposes of the application a period of overstaying of 28 days or less on the date of application will be disregarded.

1. Does this mean I would not be deemed to have overstayed as I made an in-time application in September 2009 (before 9 July 2012) for a High Court Review? I had exhausted my appeal right under the old Student Visa regime. Before the review outcome, I successfully applied for then new Tier 4 in February 2010. All applications were in-time.

2. I assume High Court Review is same as JR. Does JR automatically mean 'Overstaying', both now and before 9 July 2012?

3. I have read eminent members CR001 and Obie advise members not to go for a PEO ILR (LR) with complicated applications. Would mine be deemed to fall into that group too?

Thank you very much, good people.