ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) extension - Advice pls

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chickpea
United States of America

FLR(M) extension - Advice pls

Post by chickpea » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:26 pm

I'm tacking on a related question here, in part because it's similar and in part so I understand the replies given.

I'm on my first spouse visa (so 30 months etc). It's due to expire November 2016. I have two issues between now and then: (1) likelihood of applying for job change and needing the proof of right to work; (2) holiday booked in advance in August, in the EU (by my parents, no choice of dates on my end).

If I understand the above answers, I can wait til near the time of expiry and apply by post? It suits me to have the application ready when I go away and submit as soon as I get back (August, so almost two months before expiry). Where I worry is that if my right to work documents expire while I am working in a new job, and the new visa isn't granted until after the date of expiry, then an employer can deny me the ability to work. (This already happened when I didn't have a BRP because it wasn't required when I started my original job and when I changed jobs the employer didn't bother to say they needed it until after I started.)

My only other option - I think - would be to apply in PLENTY of time to get it all back before the holiday, but I don't think they allow applications too early, or do they? This is all FLR(M), by the way.

Input appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SPOUSE VISA 30months Extension- HELP PLEASE

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:36 pm

It is considered inappropriate & rude to hijack another thread. As you are new you may not be aware.

To avoid confusion with another case, & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).

You can apply apply for your extension in person for a same day decision. It costs a bit more but it is the quickest way.

Even if you apply by post and your visa expires, your existing visa conditions continue and your employer can check your status with HO.

If you apply for your extension too early, you will likely have a shortfall when it comes to ILR and will require another expensive extension to cover a few days or weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chickpea
United States of America

Re: FLR(M) extension - Advice pls

Post by chickpea » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Apologies for adding to thread, of course every internet "board" has different rules, and most do not consider related questions to be a "hijack". In most boards where I have participated (some since 1995), a "hijack" is a post that changes the subject entirely.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:18 pm

Your circumstances do not appear to be the same as the thread where you originally posted.

Given that we have 106,000 odd members registered and quite a few hundred online at any given time, imagine if everyone just posted and tagged onto your thread asking for help with their issues and how you would feel when your question/query got lost in the masses of 'add on posts' and no one knew which poster they were responding to.

We have some older threads on the forum that run into 100's and 1000's of pages and have completely lost the essence of what it was originally intended for, so the forum rules have had to become a bit tougher. Immigration is a very emotional and distressing topic for most and threads very quickly become confusing, drawn out and desperate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:10 pm

I hear you there.... was just trying to wade through the FLR(M) waiting times thread... Granted I was only reading the last few pages of ~200 but the posts asking for advice on which visa route to use and on how to fill out the forms just crowd a space that ought to be only discussing waiting times (as far as I understand you).

Cheers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:09 am

My last comment on this issue as I don't have to justify why we do things the way we do and have the T&Cs we have, but it is by consensus of the mods and admin. I am one of the more patient and tolerant mods, some are not as polite and far more hard line.

Yes, we know there are some threads like the FLR(M) waiting times. We have not all been moderators since the inception of the forum and most days/nights, there are only a small handful of us online, our time is offered for free and we do have normal jobs and families too. We do this because we have come through the various stages of the immigration process ourselves and want to help people. It is a thankless task and we put up with a lot of flack and often abuse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)