ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF4A Documents Original or Photocopy

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niceguy1
India

VAF4A Documents Original or Photocopy

Post by niceguy1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Hi guys,

I am in the final stages of my wife's VAF4A application on the basis of my ILR and I just wanted to know if I should submit original or photocopy of her degree, mark sheets and so on. UKVI does not specify what it wants in original and what it wants in photocopy. We are submitting the following:

1. Payslips x 6 month (proof of financial requirement)
2. Bank Statement x 6 month
3. Letter from employer detailing sponsor's stay in UK
4. Her degree and certificate from UK NARIC deeming her C1 in CEFR rating.
5. Her and my mark sheets as proof that we were in the same university when we met
6. Tenancy agreement of house in UK
7. P60
8. Marriage Certificate and marriage photos
9. Online printout of utility bill (electricity)
10. Her passport
11. Proof of Tuberculosis clearance certificate
12. Covering letter detailing no objection from sponsor for stay in UK

Can someone please check these for me and tell me if anything else is required. We are not attaching any phonecall records because we have marriage certificate as proof of our relationship. Is 6 month payslip and bank statement enough or should I give 12 month?

I would be extremely grateful for any help. We really need this to clear because she is being offered a job in UK.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: VAF4A Documents Original or Photocopy

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:42 pm

Original degree should be submitted.

You need to provide evidence of subsisting marriage, i.e. contact, phone call records, visits etc. Marriage certificate is not sufficient, anyone can get one if they really want to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

niceguy1
India

Post by niceguy1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:17 pm

I will be adding a photocopy of my passport containing immigration stamps for when I came to India to get married. Would that suffice?

Also, we were just filling out the application form, with her Immigration Health Surcharge, the final amount quoted by the UKVI is INR 1,89,000. Is this correct? Does she need to pay IHS? They charge £200 per annum but they are only going to give her a 2 year visa, and yet they charge 5 years worth IHS?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:23 pm

niceguy1 wrote:I will be adding a photocopy of my passport containing immigration stamps for when I came to India to get married. Would that suffice?
Not sufficient, see CR001's suggestions for evidence. The stamps prove nothing of the relationship, you could have been visiting anyone. Your passport must be a legally certified copy.
Also, we were just filling out the application form, with her Immigration Health Surcharge, the final amount quoted by the UKVI is INR 1,89,000. Is this correct? Does she need to pay IHS? They charge £200 per annum but they are only going to give her a 2 year visa, and yet they charge 5 years worth IHS?
You should select 'applying alone'. The NHS surcharge will be £600.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

niceguy1
India

Post by niceguy1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:29 pm

Well this is a problem because I really have is Whatsapp chats and maybe viber calls. I dont think it would be possible to get call records out of Vodafone or any company like that. Would they fail my application then if I dont submit it?

niceguy1
India

Post by niceguy1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:44 pm

Just to add, we entered my wife's details. Then the form said "details of sponsor in UK, his IHS number". I dont have an IHS number but I filled in my details because I am her sponsor in UK. We clicked next and it calculated to 1,89,000 INR. I dont understand if they are charging for 5 years or 2 years or 3?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:35 am

She pays IHS for 3 years. The spouse visa is granted for 30 or 33 months. She needs to apply alone. Do not fill in your details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

niceguy1
India

Post by niceguy1 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:18 am

Thanks. Just one last question if you dont mind. I got ILR and I am applying for my wife's visa to come to UK. The category I am applying under is Settlement-Wife. That's correct isnt it? I wonder if I am being charged more because I am applying under the wrong category.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:21 am

It is the correct category.

IHS is £600. The reason you are being charged more is because you are putting your details in. DO NOT put your details in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

niceguy1
India

Post by niceguy1 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:13 pm

Thank you very much

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Post by rathernicelydone » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:38 am

I sent either originals or attested copies of everything. With originals I also attached a copy for them to keep and return the originals in the recorded delivery envelope provided:

Originals
Passport
P60
Utility bills
TB certificate
Payslips
Bank statements (printed and stamped from branch)
NARIC letter
Council tax letter
Property inspection report
Receipts for wedding items/venue booking etc
Wedding photos
Wedding invites

Attested copies
Degrees (post grad and MBA)
ID card

I also sent my Whatsapp chat log via USB stick and Viber phone call log screenshots printed