ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Premium service referred to Interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zack1234
United Kingdom

FLR(M) Premium service referred to Interview

Post by Zack1234 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been searching the forum but it seems like I can't find similar case to ours.

We were told to go for premium by a couple of solicitors because our case was straightforward and we ticked all the boxes.

Meet financial requirements,
Shown evidence of relationship from 2009 till present,
Marriage certificate,
Bills,
Joint account,
Basically met all the requirements.

And we were given a letter saying our application is valid but we will be referred for an interview.

When questioned that we have paid for premium to get same day answer with all evidence. We were told that we have paid for same day consideration not same day answer.

Has anyone been in this situation? Is there anything to worry about?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Premium service referred to Interview

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:40 pm

Any immigration history in the past? Was English TOEIC done in the past? Do you actually lived together and have done for at least 2 years and provided the 2 years documents to prove it?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zack1234
United Kingdom

Post by Zack1234 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:47 pm

CR001 wrote:Any immigration history in the past? Was English TOEIC done in the past? Do you actually lived together and have done for at least 2 years and provided the 2 years documents to prove it?
Had 2 refusals in the past but got 3 extensions aftee that on tier 4.
English language done recently in approved center and test IELTS.
2 years living applies to unmarried couple, we are married.
Provided documents from over 10 sources since living together. Prior to marriage been in relationship since 2009 and provided many evidence from that period to present.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:50 pm

And any English tests that were done in the past?
Yes, but for an FLR(M) extension, you still need to provide documentary evidence of 2 years cohabitation (subsisting marriage) in joint names or individually addressed at the same address, which is what I was asking. The form is quite clear on this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zack1234
United Kingdom

Post by Zack1234 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
And any English tests that were done in the past?

Yes, prior to that I gave IELTS General scored above 6.5
Yes, but for an FLR(M) extension, you still need to provide documentary evidence of 2 years cohabitation (subsisting marriage) in joint names or individually addressed at the same address, which is what I was asking. The form is quite clear on this.
It wasn't FLR(M) extension, it was switch from tier 4 to spouse visa.
With joint bank account.
Utility Bills
Joint tenancy.
And many other documents.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Any working outside of your permitted hours on your student visa?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zack1234
United Kingdom

Post by Zack1234 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:28 pm

Casa wrote:Any working outside of your permitted hours on your student visa?
No, the only thing the person mentioned was that the application is based on marriage/relationship and we want to ensure the genuineness of it, which we can't by just looking at the evidence.

But what's the point of charging premium in the first place if they can't make decisions based of evidence? When we have shown evidence of over 6 years of relationship and then married recently?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:16 pm

the website is clear that there is no guarantee of a same day decision if you pay for the premium service. unfortunately you will just need to wait and ensure you comply with requests for further info or interview.

Zack1234
United Kingdom

Post by Zack1234 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:27 am

Greenie wrote:the website is clear that there is no guarantee of a same day decision if you pay for the premium service. unfortunately you will just need to wait and ensure you comply with requests for further info or interview.

Yes it does, but that's only if some documents are missing or so. We had all the docs. And the majority of the people in this forum who chose premium service got the answers the same day. I can't find anyone who was referred to an interview. This worries us. The main reason for going for premium was to avoid the 8 weeks waiting and having sleepless nights and stress. But we feel ripped off as we are back in the same boat of waiting for weeks.

Zack1234
United Kingdom

Post by Zack1234 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:33 am

Has anyone else been referred to interview for further enquiries? If yes then please share your experience about what happens and how long does it take?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:54 am

Zack1234 wrote:Yes it does, but that's only if some documents are missing or so. We had all the docs. And the majority of the people in this forum who chose premium service got the answers the same day. I can't find anyone who was referred to an interview. This worries us. The main reason for going for premium was to avoid the 8 weeks waiting and having sleepless nights and stress. But we feel ripped off as we are back in the same boat of waiting for weeks.
Unfortunate, but clearly the rules are implemented a little differently from how you imagined.
Caseworkers won't just wave applicants through without applying due care and diligence.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Zack1234
United Kingdom

Post by Zack1234 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I have just received an email for the interview. However it mentions:

"In order to meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules relating to the spouse of a settled person your client is required to demonstrate that they have completed a period of 24 months/two years as the spouse of a settled person and that their relationship is subsisting. In order to demonstrate this your client is requested to bring to the interview the following"

Isn't this incorrect for my case?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:22 pm

Not if you're switching as a Spouse from another visa category.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zack1234
United Kingdom

Post by Zack1234 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Casa wrote:Not if you're switching as a Spouse from another visa category.
That is what I thought, as I am switching to spouse visa and it is my first spouse visa not an extension.

What am I supposed to do?

Zack1234
United Kingdom

Post by Zack1234 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:18 pm

Anyone?