ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fosu
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by fosu » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Please I need help... Hi Ohara.....Can me and my sponsor fill one EEA(PR) form??? the current one..

Please I need direction, because reading the instructions it looks as if the
Sponsor and the Non-EEA family member can fill one EEA(PR) form...but am not clear if some one can help me am waiting to fill the forms now ...thank you

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:07 am

Hi ! no you cannot fill one form for 2 people . One application form EEA(PR) per person . But you can send 2 forms in one envelope with all the sponsors evidence papers and yours.

luv7822000
Newly Registered

Post by luv7822000 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:05 am

Dear Friends,

Thank you all for posting so much information on forum it really reassures anyone who applied already.

I am non eu national who applied for PR on 26th Feb 2016; payment has been taken and I am waiting on biometrics letter. Does anyone who has successfully received there PR application know of any home visits been done for PR applications? Wondering what happens if we are at work? My husband works night shifts.

Many thanks all.

prcame
Newly Registered

Post by prcame » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:57 am

Beaujam90

I think you are wrong application form is not necessary at all. You can even apply without the form as long as you will a cover letter and all the supporting documents for the application. In our case we appplied me(non eea) , my wife(polish) and my son (4yrs old) with polish passport all in one application form.

Timeline:
Form sent: 30th september
Sent by special delivery
Received: 1st of Oct.
Payment taken: 3rd of Oct.
Email received (email wife) 8th of oct.
Biometric: 10th oct. Done on 12th of oct.
COA with work: 28th of oct.
Wife and son DCPR came: 5th of march dated back 28th of feb.
Letter for me (non-eea) PR card will be sent in 10 days.

Hopefully next week.
If you have a complete supporting documents i dont see any problems at all.

Thanks to this forum and good luck everyone.

prcame
Newly Registered

Post by prcame » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:08 am

fosu wrote:Can me and my sponsor fill one EEA(PR) form??? the current one..

Please I need direction, because reading the instructions it looks as if the
Sponsor and the Non-EEA family member can fill one EEA(PR) form...but am not clear if some one can help me ...thank you

Yes you can. I applied using only one form together with my wife and my son and we got our pr yesterday. Good luck :)

ally007

Post by ally007 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:24 am

Hi prcame? Sorry too burder you. Why did you applied for your son as well because if he's born here, all you need is to register him straight off when one of the parent get pr i think. Let me know if am wrong please.

tayyabbilal

Post by tayyabbilal » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:29 am

Hi anyone receive any response from complaint department after making complain?

prcame
Newly Registered

Post by prcame » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:26 am

[quote="ally007"]Hi prcame? Sorry too burder you. Why did you applied for your son as well because if he's born here, all you need is to register him straight off when one of the parent get pr i think. Let me know if am wrong please.[/quote

Hi ally yes you are right but with the referendum coming you will never know what can happen in here or changes in law. £65 is nothing atleast im sure that he has the documents. Although i am in the process of applying british before june for the 3 of us. Its always better to be sure than sorry. I think its just me making sure everything is in place. Good luck to us. I know your next step is british citizenship. Sorry he was born here but my eea wife dont have the pr when he was born 4 years ago. The main reason why my son got a polish passport.

ze_vant
Newly Registered

Post by ze_vant » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:41 am

absolutraspberri wrote:
Hello All,

Here is an update, (as of 4 march 2016) I have received my "Document Certifying Permanent Residence". (See the detailed timeline above in quotes).

It has been 46 days since i sent documents and received them back. Minus 2 days, it is 44 day. (date on the document says its issued on 2nd March 2016).

Full disclosure; I was hoping to receive a driving Licence sort of card (based on what I read from this forum). But that was my misinterpretation. Now I realised that they send you upgraded version of your latest residence/ILR/registration Certificate, with your new picture on it.

Bulgarian and Romanians expect to receive same sort of Blue Registration Certificate with a new picture on it and in the type of document section it will say; type of document: "Document Certifying Permanent Residence". Which is what they ask for in British Citizenship Application form.

Now I am a resident since Feb 2008, the biggest question is, should I apply for British Citizenship, or do I have to wait another 12 month? Can anyone answer that for me please?

I think this is the gray(est) area and thousands of people in the same situation, puzzled and don`t know what to do.

Just because "Document Certifying Permanent Residence" says its issued on 2nd March 2016, does not mean I was only resident for previous 5 years to that date.

if the rule has not been changed in British Citizenship Application in end of 2015, I was not going to apply to permanent residence card (in fact they were advising that this was optional, if you feel like you could apply for it, but if you dont bother you did not have to).

I strongly believe that, this 12 month waiting time for British Citizenship application after obtaining permanent residence document, is not applicable for those EU citizens who has been resident in the UK for way longer than residency qualifying period.

Oct 2015 rule change really put all EU citizens in an awkward position, for whom were already considering to apply for British Citizenship.

What are your thoughts on this? Can anyone enlighten us on this?

Many Thanks
Hi absolutraspberri,

I think this will answer your question. The home office will have a record of the date you automatically acquired permanent residence (which is different from the date printed on the residence document) so you should be able to apply for citizenship immediately and not wait another 12 months.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sponse.pdf
I can confirm that a person acquires permanent residence following 5 years’ residence in
accordance with the EEA Regulations, not on the date they obtain a residence card. The
date that they were deemed to have acquired permanent residence will be recorded on
UKVI’s database and so will be clear to the nationality caseworker. This means that a
person who has been resident in the UK for some time can send evidence that they were
resident in the UK for a 5 year period ending at least 12 months before they want to apply
for citizenship, and can then immediately apply for citizenship.
Hope it helps :)

mmsagheer
Newly Registered

Post by mmsagheer » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:23 pm

Submitted application : 11/11/2015
Biometrics : 02/12/2015

still waiting
Days: 120

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:01 am

Day 99
I am an EEA applicant. Normally it takes 45 days for EEA to receive their DCPRs... mind you I have an arab name.

hughie33
Newly Registered

Post by hughie33 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:10 am

Hi All

My wife's PR card arrived yesterday :D , 5 months (about 150 days), which seems in line with other forum members.
I thought it would take longer as I have being self employed as a sole trader and as a LTD for the last 3 years and had quite a few employers prior to that, making the amount of documentation needed quite arduous to compile and could have being clearer, and I had not applied for PR for myself prior to this which by all accounts would have speeded things up.

The card is a driving licence style biometric, which is quite nifty and a lot better that the bit of loose paper her old 5 year visa is on or even the blue card. The only thing I was not happy with is it is valid for 10 years! so much for permanent residency! but I am assuming this is only so the biometrics and security can be updated.

I will also give feed back to the UKBA that they recommend in the letter that you start considering what documentation you need for the next one, I found out for this one that it is very easy to throw out a bank statement or some other piece of evidence that is very hard to replace.

Hope you all have success in your trials and tribulations with the Home Office

Kind regards

Hugh

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:28 pm

after email HO how long time ? for eu national

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:59 pm

Ciaocico wrote:after email HO how long time ? for eu national

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:28 pm

I got an email exactly 3 weeks after they took the payment

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:41 pm

ohara wrote:I got an email exactly 3 weeks after they took the payment
pls what about Make decision?

Stefan7
Newly Registered

Post by Stefan7 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Hello
I requested the HO to return my ID card. How many days does it normally takes to send it back? I applied for it filling the form on their website. Is that reliable? The slightly worrying thing is that I never received any response after I submitted my application, except the money disappeared from my account. I sent my application on the 22nd of February, paid by cheque, payment taken on the 1st of March.I don't need the PR card urgently but it would be good to know what's happening.
Thank you

tayyabbilal

Post by tayyabbilal » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:16 am

Hello anyone can suggest me any good lawyer/barrister in eea application it will be huge favour please tag me when you message or personal message me many thanks in advance :)

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:18 am

Stefan7 wrote:Hello
I requested the HO to return my ID card. How many days does it normally takes to send it back? I applied for it filling the form on their website. Is that reliable?
I used the online form and I got my passport back in 4 working days
tayyabbilal wrote:Hello anyone can suggest me any good lawyer/barrister in eea application it will be huge favour please tag me when you message or personal message me many thanks in advance :)
What exactly do you need help with? Application for PR card/document is very simple, but there are of course solicitors who will charge you £1000 to help with it if that's your thing :?

zico

Post by zico » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:02 am

tayyabbilal wrote:Hello anyone can suggest me any good lawyer/barrister in eea application it will be huge favour please tag me when you message or personal message me many thanks in advance :)
Hello!
Why should you have to spend your money for the lawyer? You can fill the application by yourself. Anyway if you really need a lawyer, expect to spend between 800 to 1000 pounds. You can find some of them by searching "immigration lawyers " online.

nel974

Post by nel974 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:08 am

zico wrote:
Hello!
Why should you have to spend your money for the lawyer? You can fill the application by yourself. Anyway if you really need a lawyer, expect to spend between 800 to 1000 pounds. You can find some of them by searching "immigration lawyers " online.
I am EU family member and my lawyer took 1500 plus VAT few days back I asked her to tell me if she received my COA, she didn't reply, after few days I asked her again and she replied stop asking me same question again, If she gets something she will post it to me. Good luck with finding good solicitor. I could fill the form myself but then took one and seeing her application, I think I could do better. she made mistakes in covering letter which I corrected, application I couldn't check and there are few mistakes in that too but thanks God they are not serious ones.

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:06 am

No one knows the time after the e-mail confirmation HO of" nationality European"

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:07 am

No one knows the time after the e-mail confirmation HO of" nationality European" ?

abz7861
Newly Registered

Post by abz7861 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:00 am

prcame wrote:
ally007 wrote:Hi prcame? Sorry too burder you. Why did you applied for your son as well because if he's born here, all you need is to register him straight off when one of the parent get pr i think. Let me know if am wrong please.[/quote

Hi ally yes you are right but with the referendum coming you will never know what can happen in here or changes in law. £65 is nothing atleast im sure that he has the documents. Although i am in the process of applying british before june for the 3 of us. Its always better to be sure than sorry. I think its just me making sure everything is in place. Good luck to us. I know your next step is british citizenship. Sorry he was born here but my eea wife dont have the pr when he was born 4 years ago. The main reason why my son got a polish passport.

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:12 am

No one knows the time after the e-mail confirmation HO of" nationality European" ?