ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 - Worried Sick - Any Help appreciated

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lgillanis
Newly Registered

MN1 - Worried Sick - Any Help appreciated

Post by lgillanis » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:35 am

hi

So I applied for both my kids in January for MN1, got biometric letter in January and fee deducted on Feb 1. Got acknowledgment letter and duplicate biometric form on Feb 5 when I had already done the biometrics in January

My question is that is there any hope I'll get the letter by March 11. My Neighbour who applied in December got her kids done in 3 weeks. I assumed I'll have the same timeline so I agreed to attend a family gathering in USA and bought non refundable tickets for Marxh 18

I'm freaking out. I haven't seen my family in 4 years and honestly cannot afford to buy tickets again. Is there any hope??? I haven't been able to sleep since the last 4 days

Please help!!! Can anything be done??

vinny

Re: MN1 - Worried Sick - Any Help appreciated

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:10 am

It may be helpful if you give details of your and your spouse's and your kids' immigration histories.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:18 am

Buying non refundable tickets based on neighbours timelines ! Its not a very wise move - in my opinion.

Hope it all turns out ok for you.

Did you use NCS for applying? In that case, u have their passports and existing visas? If yes, they are free to travel on the existing visas while their application is under consideration. Why do you need the letter?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:27 am

lgillanis wrote:hi

So I applied for both my kids in January for MN1, got biometric letter in January and fee deducted on Feb 1. Got acknowledgment letter and duplicate biometric form on Feb 5 when I had already done the biometrics in January

My question is that is there any hope I'll get the letter by March 11. My Neighbour who applied in December got her kids done in 3 weeks. I assumed I'll have the same timeline so I agreed to attend a family gathering in USA and bought non refundable tickets for Marxh 18

Nothing to be done I'm afraid.
Just sit tight.

Even if application is successful and registration certificate is in your hands you will need to make a separate application for child's first British passport.

You can track MN1 timelines here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 20timeline
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

lgillanis
Newly Registered

Post by lgillanis » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:33 pm

I've been tracking n that's making my nervous. Some lucky chaps got it in 1 month others still waiting

The passport is a 1 week fast track service so if I get the certificate by the 11, I'll still be able to make it

Is there a direct tracking via reference no???

Thank you for posting

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:44 pm

I believe fasttrack doesn't apply on first passports, but I might be wrong

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Gomjaba wrote:I believe fasttrack doesn't apply on first passports, but I might be wrong
It would seem that the fast track service is available for first time child passport applications, but not for adults.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

lgillanis
Newly Registered

Post by lgillanis » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:57 am

Thank you case for the info. Yes the fasttrack is available
just fingers crossed i get the certificate by 11