ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Section 16 - benefit of family member?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mr twelvetrees
Newly Registered

EEA PR Section 16 - benefit of family member?

Post by mr twelvetrees » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi,

I'm about to apply for PR as an EEA citizen as someone who is exercising treaty rights (so I'm the applicant and the relevant person), in the same application with my wife as an EEA family member. I'm a bit confused about this joint application when it comes to Secion 16 (Public funds): I never claimed benefits myself, but she was getting Contribution Based Jobseeker's Allowance for a period and we're getting Child Benefit, I think that's on her name, but not sure, we can't find any document for that.

Does somebody know if I need to indicate her benefits under section 16? Normally wherever the family member's data is needed they use a phrase like "or anyone included in this application..." but in this section it only says "you or your sponsor".

Thanks

mr twelvetrees
Newly Registered

Re: EEA PR Section 16 - benefit of family member?

Post by mr twelvetrees » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Found the documents in the meantime, so I'll just enclose them just to be sure. Although Jobcentre had misspelled my wife name and put MISS instead of MRS :roll: I hope that's not going to confuse HO if I'm including various documents proving our relationship, or will it?

mr twelvetrees
Newly Registered

Re: EEA PR Section 16 - benefit of family member?

Post by mr twelvetrees » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Mea culpa, Contribution-Based JSA is not mentioned on the form, as a state benefit, only the income-based one, so we don't even need to include this document. :mrgreen: The first question still unanswered though, if we need to enlist benefit received by the non-relevant person in the PR application.