ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent visa confusions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asset80
Newly Registered

PBS dependent visa confusions

Post by asset80 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi all

I am going to make ILR application under 5 year Tier 1 General category and my wife who is my dependent in the same category would be applying for extension as her visa runs out the same day as me i.e. 14-03-2016.
Could an experienced member please confirm that:
1. Whether her postal application will be made to a different address as mentioned on Tier 1 dependent form.
If yes, then should I write a letter accompanying her application that I have also applied for ILR and request them to link her application with mine or
they would know that automatically and there would be no need to tell them.
2. My passport and BRP photocopies for her application will need attestation.

My other confusion is with regards to my daughter status. She was born in the UK but she along with my wife had to travel to abroad without dependent visa. She stayed abroad for 10 months. Then she got entry clearance to enter the UK which is expiring the same date as me. My question is: Could I leave her application aside and wait for my decision, as being born in UK she would be entitled to register as British citizen after my ILR even though my wife would be on PBS dependent visa.

Many Thanks