ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

confused234
Newly Registered

Previous Earnings

Post by confused234 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi,
I am currently working in UK for an Indian IT company. In the past 12 months I have been in UK for 10 months and have been working in India in between for 2 months.
On this basis, can I prorate my 10 months UK earnings for the full 12 months and claim those points?
What evidence would I have to show for previous earnings then?
Would I need to keep only my 10 months UK payslips or would I need to include to 2 months India Payslips to show that I was still employed by the same company during that period?

Please advise!
Thanks in advance.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

hi

Post by crusador0408 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:25 pm

Hello,
You can claim for 10 months in UK. Regarding two months in India, you can attach the salary slips of indian salary alongwith the other 10 months slips.
Mention it specifically that you are claiming for particular months. No issues with it. For more guidance, refer to caseworkers guidance notes.

HTH
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

satsri

Post by satsri » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:40 pm

In which case, can you still claim UK Experience points, probably NOT!

confused234
Newly Registered

Post by confused234 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:20 pm

Thanks a lot!
As I was in india in aug-sept 2007, I would not be able to provide tax returns for the 2 months. Would bank statements and salary slips alone do? Do I need to specifically mention the reason for not including the indian tax return in my covering letter?

And regarding UK experience, can I not claim the points as I have more than £16000 UK earnings in the past 1 year?

crusador0408
Member of Standing

yes

Post by crusador0408 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:51 pm

Regarding two months, basically required evidences always are ITR and wageslips. You can tick mark the exception column with bank statements.
So bank statements and wageslip will be fine as ITR cant be available for current financial year. Tell them in india, i will only get it by june/july next year.

I dint understand your second query.
cheers
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.