ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for Parents who are in UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guaravd

Schengen Visa for Parents who are in UK

Post by guaravd » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:22 am

Hi All

My parents are in the UK on a visit visa. They are Indian citizen & hold Indian passport. I wish to take them to Portugal for a weekend trip but I am not sure about following things:

1. Can they apply for a Schengen visa from the UK ?
2. Are there any chances of they getting Schengen visa from the UK (we just plan to visit Portugal & no other country) ?
3. Is there any rule which does not allow them to re-enter UK after visiting Portugal ?

I'll highly appreciate any help on the above queries. Thanks in advance.

Regards
G

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Schengen Visa for Parents who are in UK

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:49 pm

They should have applied before coming to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:54 pm

CR001 wrote:They should have applied before coming to the UK.
Thanks for responding.

We didn't had any plans to travel Schengen countries hence did not applied before coming to the UK. But now we are considering to visit one of the EU country hence I have raised these questions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:01 pm

And all the supporting documents they have to submit?

Bank statements, employment proof or income proof, travel insurance, proof of accommodation, flights etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:40 pm

CR001 wrote:And all the supporting documents they have to submit?

Bank statements, employment proof or income proof, travel insurance, proof of accommodation, flights etc.
Its just my mom really who is retired so there won't be any income proof to submit. But she can certainly produce her bank statement (not sure if that will be required as I'll act as sponsor and I'll accompany her). I can arrange for the travel insurance under the family cover as we will be accompanying her. And since we all will be travelling together I can produce itenaries for all of us along with hotel reservation. But is there any possibility of getting Schengen from the UK ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:53 pm

Each person applying for a Schengen visa has to meet the requirements on their own. You risk refusal and she is also not a reside of the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)