ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT! Tier 2 visa refused! Help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

linhngo2912
Newly Registered

URGENT! Tier 2 visa refused! Help

Post by linhngo2912 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:29 pm

Hello,

My visa (switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2) has just been refused due to not appropriate salary. It was stated on my CoS that I work 40 hours per week and the wage is 22200 (minimum wage). It is said on the letter that:

"The minimum acceptable rate of pay for a 39 hour working week for your prospective employment is 22200 per annum, as stated on occupation code 3538, under the new entrant appropriate salary rate.

Your CoS states that your salary would be 22200 per annum for a 40 hour week which equates to 21645 per annum for a 39 hour week"

My visa expires on 29/1/2016. The date on the letter is 25 Feb 2016. Is it possible for me to apply a fresh new application now with a new CoS with 39 hours, instead of 40 hours as my old application? If yes, do I need to attach or add any cover letter/notes to the new application?

I am also worried about the expiry date on my visa, which is 29/1, so up to now it has been over 28 days.

Can someone please help?

Thank a lot.

ragavanboova
Newly Registered
England

Re: URGENT! Tier 2 visa refused! Help

Post by ragavanboova » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:55 pm

You have to re-apply with new CoS and the refusal letter also provides you for admin review

linhngo2912
Newly Registered

Post by linhngo2912 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:52 am

ragavanboova wrote:You have to re-apply with new CoS and the refusal letter also provides you for admin review
Thank you for your response.

I will re-apply with new CoS because I think admin review will most likely be unsuccessful for my case. My question is whether I need to attach any letter to my application to explain the situation?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:55 pm

No letter required to explain situation. Their records will tell them all the history.
The only wrinkle could be the lack of credibility for the number of hours worked being managed down to meet the SOC. Given the low reduction of only one hour it might sail through.
One question - does the company usually operate a 40 hour week?
Would you be an exception? If yes be prepared for a hard time if the company gets a compliance visit