ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s1120403

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by s1120403 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:37 pm

Mo2013 wrote:Hello guys , want ask something,, I got the latter state that I will receive my RC in 10 working days on 24/2 and till now I haven't received it I called the DX and they said no out standing delivery for my address so normally how long it takes to receive it , thanks
Congratulations, Mo2103 ! It should take 10 working days from the date of the letter; anyhow they have a contact e-mail if you haven't gotten in it within the standard time frame. But rest assured, it will arrive. They are probably printing it. Has the letter dated 24/2 arrived with the rest of your documents or separately ? Did it arrive by regular Royal Mail or by special delivery ?

Mo2013

Post by Mo2013 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Yes everything came in same Royal Mail signed for . Hope u hear good news soon

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi every body.

This forum is really a very helpful.

I am non EEA family member holding EEA residence card after several time refusal and appeal which were dismissed. Finally successes third time in 2014 when my wife got her EEA registration certificate in 2014 in person at croydon office after that HO issue me residence card.

We are married since 4 years.

I applied for my children's EEA family permit from Abu Dhabi which was also refused!!! And then we challenged refusal after hearing we won appeal they travel to uk with us in Sep 2015.

Now we applied for EEA residence card for children on 25/01/2016 payment taken 27/01/2016. After that no any news.

I think that it should be a hat trick in appeal. We lost in applications, solicitors, Appeal of mine and wife. Appeal of children's almost.£5000

Any idea ?

Thanks

Petanque
Newly Registered

Post by Petanque » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:43 am

Hi all,

My mum is currently applying for EEA FM residence card. She is staying with me and my husband in the UK in the meantime. She entered the country on a tourist visa, which does not expire until 2018, but there is a requirement that she should not stay in the country for more than 180 days in a year. If the application will take over 5 months (which by the looks of it is very possible) she will breach this rule. I particularly worry that in the case she gets a refusal this may cause problem for her when applying for the next tourist visa.

We are considering asking for her passport back and make her travel back home for couple of months while waiting, but I understand that you can only request your passport back in an emergency (not sure if it is an emergency in our case)? Also, when entering the country next time would she be able to enter on a tourist visa if RC application is under consideration?

Ours is probably a rare case, but any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ericy
Newly Registered

Post by ericy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:52 pm

Hello, everyone,

I am very new to this and just met a very confusing situation yesterday.

I submitted my EEA2 application on Feb. 11 as a married partner of a EU citizen working in London. I received a letter yesterday (dated Feb 28) from HO stating that it was a COA, however it cannot decide my right to work in the UK, claiming that I did not provide sufficient evidence proving my sponsor is practising treaty rights, therefore I have to wait till the application is decided (within 6 months). Along with the COA, there is a letter for me to do biometric enrolment.

I just did the enrolment today but still wondering what can I do if my COA doesn't allow me to work... I provided all they requested while preparing for the application. The application asked for a signature of my partner's employer and contact details+NI number+hours of work, etc, which I had provided with confidence.

Did any one have this type of response before? I am very frustrated by the vagueness of the application process and now I have no idea what to do next...

I hope someone could help me by giving me some advice. Thank you all in advance!

voxnihili
Newly Registered

Post by voxnihili » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi guys! I can't even!

My husband just brought me a letter that was left in the mailbox. It's a DX letter to rearrange delivery, aaaah! :D

Apparently they only have slots for Monday so I'll have to waaait. I haven't received any Royal Mail delivery with my documents, so this is the first contact since I received my COA in Oct. I'll update my timeline/signature once I know the date of issue of the RC.

We are all gonna make it mates! :mrgreen:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:04 pm

ericy wrote:Hello, everyone,

I submitted my EEA2 application on Feb. 11 as a married partner of a EU citizen working in London. I received a letter yesterday (dated Feb 28) from HO stating that it was a COA, however it cannot decide my right to work in the UK, claiming that I did not provide sufficient evidence proving my sponsor is practising treaty rights, therefore I have to wait till the application is decided (within 6 months). Along with the COA, there is a letter for me to do biometric enrolment.

I just did the enrolment today but still wondering what can I do if my COA doesn't allow me to work... I provided all they requested while preparing for the application. The application asked for a signature of my partner's employer and contact details+NI number+hours of work, etc, which I had provided with confidence.

Did any one have this type of response before? I am very frustrated by the vagueness of the application process and now I have no idea what to do next...

I hope someone could help me by giving me some advice. Thank you all in advance!
See HO guidance which explains how & why a COA is issued:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v3_0.pdf
- ref page 28+
Anyone issued with a ‘short’ COA due to their failure to submit the required evidence cannot later be issued with a ‘long’ COA if they submit this evidence
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

s1120403

Post by s1120403 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:34 pm

voxnihili wrote:Hi guys! I can't even!

My husband just brought me a letter that was left in the mailbox. It's a DX letter to rearrange delivery, aaaah! :D

Apparently they only have slots for Monday so I'll have to waaait. I haven't received any Royal Mail delivery with my documents, so this is the first contact since I received my COA in Oct. I'll update my timeline/signature once I know the date of issue of the RC.

Congratulations ! Did you send them along with the application a self addressed special delivery envelope ? In other words, do you have a tracking number for the envelope in which your documents will be returned ?

voxnihili
Newly Registered

Post by voxnihili » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:14 pm

s1120403 wrote:
voxnihili wrote:Hi guys! I can't even!

Congratulations ! Did you send them along with the application a self addressed special delivery envelope ? In other words, do you have a tracking number for the envelope in which your documents will be returned ?
Thanks!

Nope, I didn't send a prepaid envelope because at the time I didn't know that I could do it, so I'm guessing they'll send it anyway.

ericy
Newly Registered

Post by ericy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:49 am

My situation is that I provided what they needed.

The signature of the employer on the form, details of the employer plus my partner's national insurance number which could be examined regarding his work status anyway...

I saw another post yesterday saying that they received a short COA because the eea spouse was job seeking and then after the eea spouse found a job, home office sent a new COA with work right ...

How did this happen...

noajthan wrote:

- ref page 28+
Anyone issued with a ‘short’ COA due to their failure to submit the required evidence cannot later be issued with a ‘long’ COA if they submit this evidence

emily666
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by emily666 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:34 pm

i received the short CoA together with the Biometric letter in the same envelope. I think i sent all the required documents, but just in case, so i sent some additional documents to HO, and write a few emails to request an updated CoA. I am so shocked that i received one more short CoA today! So upset.

capetonian101
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by capetonian101 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:46 pm

My wife's place of work was called yesterday to confirm she is working...Anyone know how long after this will i hear the outcome of RC??my timeline is in my signature

Mariashtelle
Newly Registered

Post by Mariashtelle » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:51 pm

ericy wrote:My situation is that I provided what they needed.

The signature of the employer on the form, details of the employer plus my partner's national insurance number which could be examined regarding his work status anyway...

I saw another post yesterday saying that they received a short COA because the eea spouse was job seeking and then after the eea spouse found a job, home office sent a new COA with work right ...

How did this happen...

noajthan wrote:

- ref page 28+

You didn't mention pay slips from work for the last 3 months. If you didn't send them then this might be a reason why you got COA without work permit. Visit website again and check if you sent all required documents.

capetonian101
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by capetonian101 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:25 am

My wife's employer was called last Friday by HO to verify she is working.
her employer was out in Germany for business.They did left a voice mail asking her to call back,now she cant get hold of them..
my question is will HO call again maybe if not what can i do.Im a bit worried they my RC might be refused because of this.

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:35 pm

Hello Every one..

I got my COA letter 2 months ago. I got job in NHS as NEtwork Engineer. my all documents are cleared even i showed my letter of COA to employee as well. but my employee still trying to find more information.

this web address https://www.immigrationstatuscheck.serv ... employers/ is mention in COA letter to confirm the more information about the documents that I have confirmation to work here. when you go on website. there is mention this thing..

Does the employee or prospective employee have a passport from the UK, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, or other immigration documents from the Home Office that demonstrate a right to work?

I just want to confirm that this "Other Immigration Documents" is equal to COA letter. Can I assume this letter as an other document from the homeOffice.

if yes then my case is simple clear they said on next page that you dont need to take further action.

please guide me I am very tensed as its arround two months and my job not start yet.

regards
Faisal

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:44 pm

Anyone else experience a delay in receiving the biometrics enrolment letter?

I sent off my EEA spouse application at the beginning of Feb and the funds were take on 3 Feb. I've looked at the timeline on here and it seems that people who has their funds take 10 days after me have already received their biometrics enrolment letter.

I'm renewing my residence card as we lost some documents and haven't been able to get replacement to cover the entire 5 year period of accessing treaty rights for my spouse. As such, I simply applied for a new RC with the intention of then applying for PR in 2 years (assuming that'll be possible with this EU referendum). Last time I applied I received my CoA 2 weeks after the funds were taken.

I'm worried because my current RC expires on 14 March. After ringing HO last week, I was told there is a 28 day grace period for me to continue working, which is okay, but I'm also trying tochange jobs. Of course, my prosepective employer wants some reassurance before I sign a contract. Eventhough I had to give my finger prints in Ireland the first time applied for my EEA FP before entering, I doubt that'll be used for my biometrics. As such, even after registering my biometrics, it'll still be 7-14 days until I get my CoA, assuming that isn't delayed. I've also heard some stories of the biometrics letters going missing. I can't afford to be issues a short CoA becuase of their talk to up. They won't then issue a long one and I'll really be screwed.

I'm going to ring the HO again in the morning and hopefully get some more answers. Last week they only said to ring back next week and informed me of the 28 day grace period. Not sure how they can justify this time as they are suppose to respond asap after receiving the application. Clearly they haven't.

Anyone else with delays have any luck with the HO?

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:48 pm

fasi2530 wrote:
I just want to confirm that this "Other Immigration Documents" is equal to COA letter. Can I assume this letter as an other document from the homeOffice.

if yes then my case is simple clear they said on next page that you dont need to take further action.

please guide me I am very tensed as its arround two months and my job not start yet.

regards
Yes, if you are issued with a long CoA, it will confirm your right to work whilst you await the outcome of your application. This would qualify the "other immigration document".

Here is the link to an interactive pdf from the home office that gives more detailed information: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... hPqE2rzgjA

s1120403

Post by s1120403 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:16 am

Dear all,

I am happy to report that today I got back the Royal Mail special delivery envelope which I had sent to Home Office along with the application. They enclosed the documents (most of them) and a letter saying that the residence card will arrive within 10 business days. The letter is dated 23 FEB 2015, so exactly 5 months from the date I sent the documents. It also includes the tracking number of the courier with which the residence card will arrive; it doesn't say by which courier, but I take it from this forum that it's DX.

There was no home visit, no questionnaire, no inquiry at work, no interview. After reading a lot of posts on this forum, I think they only call for an interview people who are overstayers, or whose (student) visa could not be extended for some reason and then they got married. In other words, they red-flag people who got married in the UK after visa problems or potential visa problems.

But in our case, we got married in Aug 2014 in my husband's home country and then he came to the UK in Sep 2015 on a family permit. We sent the RC application in September after he arrived, so at the time of the application we hadn't lived together for longer than a couple of weeks. That's what I wrote in the application for "when did you start living together ?" - "sep 2015". I did provide evidence from online messengers that we had started talking in 2013 and they could see from photocopies of my passport that I travelled to see him a few times, and of course I sent some pictures (but not of landmarks or wedding, just simple pictures of us together).

Our times were:
Sent application: 22 SEP 2015
Charged card: 24 SEP 2015
Letter requesting biometrics from non-EEA spouse: 2 OCT 2015
Request to return passport: 8 OCT 2015
Biometrics submitted: 4 NOV 2015
Certificate of application: 25 NOV 2015
Residence Card: 23 FEB/ 8 MAR

Cyprus
Newly Registered

Post by Cyprus » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:50 am

fasi2530 wrote:Hello Every one..

I got my COA letter 2 months ago. I got job in NHS as NEtwork Engineer. my all documents are cleared even i showed my letter of COA to employee as well. but my employee still trying to find more information.

this web address https://www.immigrationstatuscheck.serv ... employers/ is mention in COA letter to confirm the more information about the documents that I have confirmation to work here. when you go on website. there is mention this thing..

Does the employee or prospective employee have a passport from the UK, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, or other immigration documents from the Home Office that demonstrate a right to work?

regards
Work your way through the questions on the link as an employer and you will find that the CoA is acceptable. But you will now find that the system asks for the application number to chack its status.

Cyprus
Newly Registered

UK RC Applications

Post by Cyprus » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:21 pm

I hope they are not causing delays now. We also sent off an EEA application on 23 February 2016 and have not had any reply or further letters about Biometrics yet.

G3rald
Newly Registered

Post by G3rald » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi s1120403

Congratulation for you RC, I would like to know if you sent another prepaid envelope to that HO send you back your documents? I am so confused about it, because when I sent my application was in a envelope with a special delivery I didn't know that I have to sent another one.

Thanks.

sweet snowhite
Newly Registered

Post by sweet snowhite » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:45 pm

To those who have received their Residence cards, what does it say on the front of your card under 'type of permit'. Mine says : FAMILY MEMBER - EU RESIDENCE.
Me and my husband want to travel to Schengen states and and you can travel within schengen states without requiring a visa if your Residence card SPECIFICALLY states: RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL.
So just wondering why the wording on my card is different. What wording did you guys get?

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:16 pm

s1120403"]Dear all,

I am happy to report that today I got back the Royal Mail special delivery envelope which I had sent to Home Office along with the application. They enclosed the documents (most of them) and a letter saying that the residence card will arrive within 10 business days. The letter is dated 23 FEB 2015, so exactly 5 months from the date I sent the documents. It also includes the tracking number of the courier with which the residence card will arrive; it doesn't say by which courier, but I take it from this forum that it's DX.

There was no home visit, no questionnaire, no inquiry at work, no interview. After reading a lot of posts on this forum, I think they only call for an interview people who are overstayers, or whose (student) visa could not be extended for some reason and then they got married. In other words, they red-flag people who got married in the UK after visa problems or potential visa problems.

But in our case, we got married in Aug 2014 in my husband's home country and then he came to the UK in Sep 2015 on a family permit. We sent the RC application in September after he arrived, so at the time of the application we hadn't lived together for longer than a couple of weeks. That's what I wrote in the application for "when did you start living together ?" - "sep 2015". I did provide evidence from online messengers that we had started talking in 2013 and they could see from photocopies of my passport that I travelled to see him a few times, and of course I sent some pictures (but not of landmarks or wedding, just simple pictures of us together).
Congratulation and so happy to hear you got you RC without any hassles :)
If you don't mind please tell me how long after they have returned your you passport? and did you request both of your passport?

Thanks.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

voxnihili
Newly Registered

Post by voxnihili » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:21 pm

sweet snowhite wrote:To those who have received their Residence cards, what does it say on the front of your card under 'type of permit'. Mine says : FAMILY MEMBER - EU RESIDENCE.
Me and my husband want to travel to Schengen states and and you can travel within schengen states without requiring a visa if your Residence card SPECIFICALLY states: RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL.
So just wondering why the wording on my card is different. What wording did you guys get?
Mine says the same thing. I guess you should be able to use it, along with your passport. I'm venezuelan and for what I know I only need my passport in Schengen states.

sweet snowhite
Newly Registered

Post by sweet snowhite » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:23 pm

voxnihili wrote:
sweet snowhite wrote:To those who have received their Residence cards, what does it say on the front of your card under 'type of permit'. Mine says : FAMILY MEMBER - EU RESIDENCE.
Mine says the same thing. I guess you should be able to use it, along with your passport. I'm venezuelan and for what I know I only need my passport in Schengen states.
Does yours say 'RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL' or 'FAMILY MEMBER - EU RESIDENCE' ?