ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1 month gap between old and new job...PR near.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bil123
- thin ice -

1 month gap between old and new job...PR near.

Post by bil123 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:53 pm

Hi all,

I am near to apply for my PR which is due by the end of 2016, I have just got a job which will start in a month time , I have to relocate my self for this job so I have to leave my current job and I am bit worried If this 1 month gap between old to new job would create a break in exercising treaty right .??

any thoughts ??

Thanks,
Regards,
BIl.

LilyLalilu

Re: 1 month gap between old and new job...PR near.

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:34 am

I think other members have been accepted even with one month breaks and some non-HO guidance also states that one month breaks are okay. However, as this is not official HO guidance you could be unlucky and get a caseworker that rejects you for not having exercised your treaty rights continuously.
To be on the safe side, why not purchase CSI (private health insurance) so that you'd be exercising treaty rights as a self-sufficient person? (Costs some money but may be worth it in the long run...)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.