ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

!!! HSMP salary requirement !!! pls help me understand...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mightyjoejo
Newly Registered

!!! HSMP salary requirement !!! pls help me understand...

Post by mightyjoejo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:42 pm

Hi,

I am currently on student VISA in the UK.
I have finished my Masters and am applying my IGS in january 2008.
Also I have a job offer in hand to start immediately the next day after IGS.

My question is, If I apply for IGS visa in Jan2008, I will get 1 yr VISA until Jan2009.

When would be the right time for me to apply for HSMP?

Regarding Salary requirements for HSMP, This will be my first job and I will start working from January 2008. If I apply for HSMP in October 2008, should I be showing my salary earned until October 2008 or until when my VISA is valid (ie Jan 2009)?

I ask that because my total gross per annum (Jan 08 to Jan 09) helps me earn 20 points, if we were to consider the pro-rata until Oct 2008, I fall into point 15 band.

all help appreciated.
thanks,
Joe

visa_help
Newly Registered

Post by visa_help » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:25 pm

I think you got to get paid before filing the application. You can't project you salary and claim points. I would recommend to apply for HSMP at the moment when you will be able to score 75 points.

Also to note : HO is bringing Post study work scheme which allows to stay in UK for 2 years after studying. I think this might be useful for you.

Cheers