ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question about children in EEA (PR) application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

br5
Newly Registered

question about children in EEA (PR) application

Post by br5 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:06 am

me and my wife are about to apply for PR

both children are 2 and 1 respectively , both were born in UK

there is a section in the PR application that asks if we have children , and if they are included in this application , and if not , why not ?

is the reason that they are both born in UK sufficient ? do they have to be included in the PR application ?

many thanks

LilyLalilu

Re: question about children in EEA (PR) application

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:57 pm

I think it's best to just specify the reason why you do not want a Document Certifying Permanent Residence (or PR card if they're non-EEA) for them. For example you could state that they are already BCs (in case they were born after you achieved PR status) or that they do not need PR because you intend to register them using MN1 (to which they have an entitlement once you have PR). Or else that they have an EEA passport and you simply do not need/want a DCPR for them.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

br5
Newly Registered

Post by br5 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:45 pm

many thanks for your reply

i contacted the Home office and asked about this , they said that they don't need to be included as long as they are below 5 years old.

i hope other members will find this beneficial as well.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:50 am

[quote="br5"]many thanks for your reply

i contacted the Home office and asked about this , they said that they don't need to be included as long as they are below 5 years old.

i hope other members will find this beneficial as well.[/quote]

Thank you i was wondering the same as my lilo will be around 5 when i apply. i hope that they do not change the law by then :lol:
GOD BLESS!!!