ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FPS/RTI or P11 instead?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JohnOhn

FPS/RTI or P11 instead?

Post by JohnOhn » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:18 am

Hello,

I'm confused about submission of FPS/RTI and if a P11 can be submitted instead.

My accountant's software doesn't generate a full FPS report. It's just a limitation of his software. But I have a full detailed P11 report for all employees showing total taxes taken out, start dates, hours worked, etc.

I'm confuses if the HO will only accept FPS/RTI or will accept a P11 instead?

From section 176 in the Guidance it seems to suggest they will accept either:

"You must provide evidence to show you are reporting Pay As You Earn (PAYE) income tax appropriately to HMRC. Acceptable evidence includes printouts of Employee Payment Records, ‘Real Time’-Full Payment Submissions (either a series of individual monthly submissions, including the first submission or summaries), or an original HMRC P45 or P46, which either together or individually show the total payments made to the settled workers, as well as the tax deducted and date which they started working for your business."

A P11 clearly shows "total payments made to the settled workers, as well as the tax deducted and date which they started working for your business" so will that suffice?

My accountant did also print out all the transmission confirmations of real-time submission to HMRC, so I have the confirmation number from HMRC for each monthly transmission showing we were submitting view real-time. Again, the only problem here lies with the software my accountant using not being able to print all the info the P11 shows.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FPS/RTI or P11 instead?

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:36 pm

That paragraph in the guide is exactly as written in the Immigration Rules Appendix A. Obviously it says that they will accept different documentary evidence for PAYE. I suggest you send anything you have from that paragraph. HO can easily check the information submitted via RTI with HMRC (I know they do not want to !!)
FPS reports are usually useless, given all the employee information submitted for PAYE is captured in P11 and P32 reports.This is the reason why several software do not even produce an FPS report.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JohnOhn

Post by JohnOhn » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:45 pm

zimba88 wrote:That paragraph in the guide is exactly as written in the Immigration Rules Appendix A. Obviously it says that they will accept different documentary evidence for PAYE. I suggest you send anything you have from that paragraph. HO can easily check the information submitted via RTI with HMRC (I know they do not want to !!)
FPS reports are usually useless, given all the employee information submitted for PAYE is captured in P11 and P32 reports.This is the reason why several software do not even produce an FPS report.

Thank you!

legendfar

Post by legendfar » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi
I think If you cant get the FPS so P11 would be fine
i dont think P32 would be needed
correct me if i am wrong please

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:32 pm

legendfar wrote:Hi
I think If you cant get the FPS so P11 would be fine
i dont think P32 would be needed
correct me if i am wrong please
P32 is not necessary
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

legendfar

Post by legendfar » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:16 pm

Thanks for ascertain