ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born abroad and Registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thinkpad
Newly Registered

Child born abroad and Registration

Post by thinkpad » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi members,
I'm about to apply for Naturalisation, after one year holding of PR. My wife and few months old child, just joined me on settlement visas. Can I apply for the Child Registration along with my Naturalisation application? My child was born in non-EEA country.

Please share with me your experiences and knowledge.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born abroad and Registration

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:43 pm

No, children born abroad are expected to hold ILR. Child will be on the same route as the mother.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Children born abroad have the same status as the less-privileged parent, as CR001 has pointed out.

They are also expected to have ILR before registration and are eligible for registration when the second parent naturalises.

Children born within the UK can register immediately after one parent gets ILR. If the child is born in the UK after one parent got ILR, the child would have been born a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

thinkpad
Newly Registered

Post by thinkpad » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:16 pm

are eligible for registration when the second parent naturalises.
You mean that until the second parent will also not get the Naturalisation, (which she will get after one year of getting ILR), the child will be not eligible to apply for Registration, even after one year of ILR.

If the child will go as same route as the mother/second parent. Then should they not apply for ILR at same time and then for Naturalisation+Registration after one year of getting ILR??

Please make me correct if I'm wrong. thanksthanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:21 pm

If the child will go as same route as the mother/second parent. Then should they not apply for ILR at same time and then for Naturalisation+Registration after one year of getting ILR??
Yes, that is what has been said.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thinkpad
Newly Registered

Post by thinkpad » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Thanks for your replies guys.

Sandy_surrey
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy_surrey » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:42 am

Hi ,

If a family of 3 holds ILR for one year and one parent is applying for naturalisation than the child born abroad can apply for naturalisation as well given one parent is applying for naturalisation and other holds ILR.

Please correct me if am.wrong.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:48 am

Sandy_surrey wrote:Hi ,

If a family of 3 holds ILR for one year and one parent is applying for naturalisation than the child born abroad can apply for naturalisation as well given one parent is applying for naturalisation and other holds ILR.

Please correct me if am.wrong.

Thanks
Yes, but in the OPs case, the child and wife do not have ILR, so your question is not relevant to this case. If you have a specific question about your own situation, please start your own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:36 pm

thinkpad wrote:...
Can I apply for the Child Registration along with my Naturalisation application? My child was born in non-EEA country.

Please share with me your experiences and knowledge.
Example of recent refusal of foreign-born child due to no ILR:
british-citizenship/mn1-3-1-refusal-com ... 04978.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.