ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal Application of Naturalisation - Please Help!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kishorekv

Postal Application of Naturalisation - Please Help!

Post by kishorekv » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi Gurus,

I would like to apply for Wife's Naturalisation (Form AN,Adult). As the fees is increasing and I am unable to get appointment in nearby NCS, I am thinking to apply it by post.

Her application can be on 17th ( as she was not in the Country before that date under 3 Years rule).

What documents do I need to send (as I am Brisitsh Citizen and she holds ILR since 2011)? She cannot apply under 5 Year rule due to high absences.

What about the fees, as the application would reach HO a day after, which would be 18th :?

Please kindly give me your suggestions.

Thanks and Regards
Kishore

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Postal Application of Naturalisation - Please Help!

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Date of application is the date that HO receives the form NOT the date of posting.

If you are prepared to travel a bit, have you tried any other NCS to see if there are appointments?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:53 pm

The fees will apply on the day the HO receive the application, not the day it was posted. You may want to search for an available NCS appointment as the application date will be the day submitted through the NCS in order to avoid paying the increased fee.

Edit: Beaten by Miss Speedy Fingers, CR001 :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kishorekv

Post by kishorekv » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi CR001 and Casa,

This forum is amazing and sincere thanks to you both for answering my query so quickly.

I did not try other NCSs yet as my wife's application is straight forward. My wife was in UK on 16th March 2013 afternoon, so I was hesitating to say so as her passport would have two stamps one in India and the other in the UK. But if you consider that still 16th is her eligibility date... then I can post it next day special delivery. So HO would recieve it on 17th.

In that case I think I might be lucky..

Note: I will keep trying other NCSs as well.. meanwhile.

Also please let me know what documents I need to send for Wife of British (I was Naturlaised and was with Indian Passport).

Many thanks and Regards
Kishore

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:21 pm

It's often worth using the NCS as apart from checking the application, you are able to keep your original documents.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kishorekv

Post by kishorekv » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi Casa,

I totally agree with you. But if I am unable to find any NCS appointment, I have no other choice.

The fee change was totally an unexpected one :(

However if my wife was in the UK on 16th March 2013 afternoon, can I consider that she is eligible for Naturalisation from 16th March 2016 or 17th?

Please let me know your views.

Regards
Kishore

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:55 pm

She is considered to be present in the UK on the day of re-entry, so yes.
(Casa, not CR001)

kishorekv

Post by kishorekv » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:50 pm

Thanks Casa and CR001 :)

I tried to ring several NCS nearby but with no luck as they are all fully booked.

Considering 16th March as elgibility date of my wife's application, I would like to post the application with following on 16th March.

1. Passports (both mine as well as my wife's). Her passport has ILR in it.
2. Life in the UK + Trinity College B1 Certificate.
3. Marriage Certificate.

Please let me know if I need to add anything to this list.

It would reach HO on the 17th.

Thanks and Regards

Kishore