ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for baby born in india for uk ILR Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijayraj554
Newly Registered

Settlement visa for baby born in india for uk ILR Parents

Post by vijayraj554 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi ,

My name is Vijay.
Iam UK ILR visa holder for last 1 year.
My baby born on january 2016 in india.
I want to apply settlement visa for my baby from india.
Ian working as IT contractor from my own limited company
What are the documents that i need to send to india to support Visa Application.

Please help

Vijay.

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement visa for baby born in india for uk ILR Parent

Post by pan_hegde » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi,

I have the appointment scheduled for tomorrow and I am submitting the below documents. Even my husband is a IT contractor working from a limited company.

Below is the list of documents I will be submitting for my sons ILE(Indefinite Leave to Enter) application:

1) Applicant's passport (Original and one photocopy)

2) Mothers passport, residence permit and driving licence (photocopy)

3) Father who is the sponsor's passport, driving licence and visa (photocopy)

4) Marriage certificate (original and one photocopy)

5) Birth Certificate (original and one photocopy)

6) Sponsorship letter and cover letter from the sponsor (original and one photocopy)

7) Rental agreement, utility bill, Joint account holder’s declaration

8) Bank statements, Salary slips, P60 form (original and photocopy)

9) Sponsorship Undertaking Form SU07/12(original and one photocopy)

10) Company Accountant letter (original and one photocopy)

11) Tuberculosis Detection Medical Certificate (original and one photocopy)

You need to fill the online application form which available here https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome.

If both the parents hold ILR then you need to fill VAF4A appendix 1 manually available here https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... vaf4a1.pdf

If one of the parents have ILR and the other limited then you need to fill VAF4A Appendix 2 and available here https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf
(I am not sure about the appendix 2 as I submitted this 3 years back when I was on limited leave and my husband on ILR for my first son)

As you are applying from India you will be applying for "Indefinite Leave to Enter" visa.

Also, you need to pay 63k INR towards Immigration Health Surchage (which I think will be refunded later) other than the 1,00,300 INR which is the visa application fee.

Also the processing time is 60 working days for settlement visa unless you are willing to pay £360 pounds extra towards the Settlement priority appointment where the application will be processed in 5 working days.

Hope this helps. I really struggled to collect the above information.

foopai
Newly Registered

Post by foopai » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:33 am

pan_hegde, couldn't thank you enough for your detailed reply. You are a star!
Just one quick question, is the driving license mandatory?

foopai
Newly Registered

Post by foopai » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:53 am

Another question, did you have to physically go to the VFS center with your newborn for the ILE application? The reason I am asking this question is because in my case the nearest VFS center in India is 1 hour flight away. So having to take a newborn to the VFS center will be a challenge.

sasi_dil
Newly Registered

Post by sasi_dil » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi Pan_hegde,

Thank u for putting the details so meticulously about this ILR outside UK.

Right now I am applying for ILR to my KIDDO who was born sep last year in INDIA.

I am doing the Online Settlement application now. I am sort of stuck when filling the Pay for IHS fees. My Question here is.... you mentioned the IHS fees is 63K. Is this calculated depending on how must amount of time for the sponser left to remain in UK.(VISA Expiry).
It charged me 145000 INR. (Even though its ILR it still have Visa Expiry. I was granted ILR in 2013 and it expires on 2022). So I still got 7 years left so it calculated accordingly and showing as payment summary 145000 INR.

Appreciate if you able to clarify this.

Please doreply.
Thanks
Sasi

sasi_dil
Newly Registered

Post by sasi_dil » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:41 pm

hi vijay_raj,

Please let me know how did you managed to pay the IHS payment when filling the Settlement online application. How much did it charged you.

It charged me 145000 INR not including the Application fees.

Guess the prices going to shoot off 15% more from March 15th. How much is the IHS fees and Application fees in total. Please do let us know. Appreciated.

Kind regards
sasi.

vijayraj554
Newly Registered

Post by vijayraj554 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Thanks a lot Pan_hegde,
that is really a very very useful information.
I hope your application went through successfully.

one question, i am staying in uk, after filling application through online as mentioned below link.
Do i need to send originals to india in order for my wife to apply.
will colour xerox of scanned copies will work as documents ?

please reply , other wise i have to send all documents in courier to them.

Vijay.

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Post by pan_hegde » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:25 am

foopai wrote:pan_hegde, couldn't thank you enough for your detailed reply. You are a star!
Just one quick question, is the driving license mandatory?
Driving license is not Mandatory as long as you are submitting some adress proof. You need to take the applicant to the vfs center. For some reason they asked me to submit appendix 2 as well. Better ask your wife to take that as well. I recieved the visa in 5 working days. They have not refunded the IHS money

sasi_dil
Newly Registered

Post by sasi_dil » Sat May 07, 2016 9:23 am

thanks Pan_hedge,

Appreciate for all info you posted here. We submitted the documents yesterday at chennai vfs
office.

regards
S

pb24
Newly Registered

Post by pb24 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi ,
We are in similar situation with my wife in India delivering.
Please is it possible to provide your contact number so that I can call you to get more information about applying for kid's visa.

Best Regards,
SP
pan_hegde wrote:Hi,

I have the appointment scheduled for tomorrow and I am submitting the below documents. Even my husband is a IT contractor working from a limited company.

Below is the list of documents I will be submitting for my sons ILE(Indefinite Leave to Enter) application:

1) Applicant's passport (Original and one photocopy)

2) Mothers passport, residence permit and driving licence (photocopy)

3) Father who is the sponsor's passport, driving licence and visa (photocopy)

4) Marriage certificate (original and one photocopy)

5) Birth Certificate (original and one photocopy)

6) Sponsorship letter and cover letter from the sponsor (original and one photocopy)

7) Rental agreement, utility bill, Joint account holder’s declaration

8) Bank statements, Salary slips, P60 form (original and photocopy)

9) Sponsorship Undertaking Form SU07/12(original and one photocopy)

10) Company Accountant letter (original and one photocopy)

11) Tuberculosis Detection Medical Certificate (original and one photocopy)

You need to fill the online application form which available here https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome.

If both the parents hold ILR then you need to fill VAF4A appendix 1 manually available here https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... vaf4a1.pdf

If one of the parents have ILR and the other limited then you need to fill VAF4A Appendix 2 and available here https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf
(I am not sure about the appendix 2 as I submitted this 3 years back when I was on limited leave and my husband on ILR for my first son)

As you are applying from India you will be applying for "Indefinite Leave to Enter" visa.

Also, you need to pay 63k INR towards Immigration Health Surchage (which I think will be refunded later) other than the 1,00,300 INR which is the visa application fee.

Also the processing time is 60 working days for settlement visa unless you are willing to pay £360 pounds extra towards the Settlement priority appointment where the application will be processed in 5 working days.

Hope this helps. I really struggled to collect the above information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 pm

pb24 wrote:Hi ,
We are in similar situation with my wife in India delivering.
Please is it possible to provide your contact number so that I can call you to get more information about applying for kid's visa.

Best Regards,
SP
User pan_hedge has not logged into the forum for almost a year. Please also refrain from digging up old topics.

Also, members are not permitted to post personal contact details and any such details will be removed and the user issued with a warning. Everyone on the forum is a stranger. Suggest read the forum T&Cs considering you are a new member to understand the rules.

Suggest start your own topic with your circumstances if you don't already have one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.