ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and no job

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omsai
Newly Registered

ILR and no job

Post by omsai » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:15 pm

It is still very confusing after reading a lot in the forums. I'm worried and horrified. I'm applying for my ILR in march end. I lost my job last year in August. I took up assignment with another company was self employed from sep-Dec. I'm showing the earnings from Jan15-Dec15 as 12 month period earnings. I'm looking for a job but unfortunately, I haven't found one yet and I fear that I will be going to my appointment for ILR without any job. I satisfy the salary requirement for the 12 month period earnings from Jan - Dec period.
My questions are:
a. What should i write my income source/interval received - refer section 5.6 of the application?
b. Since I don't any job currently, what should I say if they ask for current employment? Also, do they ask for a current employment letter
c. My points are satisfied, should I be worried since I wont have a job at the time of the appointment date ? :(
d. I read lot of things like filing tax returns, should I do it before my date, since I was self employed for 4 months? I have never been self employed so everything is really new.
e. Do I need to pay national insurance and take that before my appointment date?

Thanks for the help!!!!

O_Relly

Re: ILR and no job

Post by O_Relly » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:18 am

What category are you currently on? Is this a Tier 1 General ?

How can you claim earnings from Jan 15 to Dec 15, if you haven't had a job since August ?
Cheers,
OR

omsai
Newly Registered

Post by omsai » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:44 pm

Its Tier 1 General. I was self-employed and did freelance work from september to Dec 2015 for a company. So the total amount of earnings from Jan-August as an employee and Sep - Dec as self-employed is sufficient as per the earnings required.

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:46 pm

Have you registered as self-employed with HMRC?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

omsai
Newly Registered

Post by omsai » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:37 pm

Yes, I'm registered.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:31 am

If you are registered with HMRC and have paid taxes on the income generated during the self employed period then you should be fine as long as you have enough points to satisfy the earnings criteria. The fact that you don't have a job at the time of applying for ILR shouldn't matter as you are on a Tier 1 General.
Cheers,
OR

omsai
Newly Registered

Post by omsai » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:25 am

O_Relly wrote:If you are registered with HMRC and have paid taxes on the income generated during the self employed period then you should be fine as long as you have enough points to satisfy the earnings criteria. The fact that you don't have a job at the time of applying for ILR shouldn't matter as you are on a Tier 1 General.
Thank you! I have called HMRC many times for paying the NI and taxes but they say that you cannot pay before April 2016. As an employee till August, my taxes were already deducted but for Sep- Dec as a self-employed, I am not able to pay till April. I asked an immigration agent and he suggested get a bill for NI but the HMRC has refused that we cannot give it before April 2016.