ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

voxnihili
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by voxnihili » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:33 pm

sweet snowhite wrote:
voxnihili wrote:
sweet snowhite wrote:To those who have received their Residence cards, what does it say on the front of your card under 'type of permit'. Mine says : FAMILY MEMBER - EU RESIDENCE.
Me and my husband want to travel to Schengen states and and you can travel within schengen states without requiring a visa if your Residence card SPECIFICALLY states: RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL.
So just wondering why the wording on my card is different. What wording did you guys get?
Mine says the same thing. I guess you should be able to use it, along with your passport. I'm venezuelan and for what I know I only need my passport in Schengen states.
Does yours say 'RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL' or 'FAMILY MEMBER - EU RESIDENCE' ?
It says on the front: FAMILY MEMBER - EU RESIDENCE, and on the back: EU - RIGHT TO RESIDE.

s1120403

Post by s1120403 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:10 pm

G3rald wrote:Hi s1120403

Congratulation for you RC, I would like to know if you sent another prepaid envelope to that HO send you back your documents? I am so confused about it, because when I sent my application was in a envelope with a special delivery I didn't know that I have to sent another one.

Thanks.
Hi G3rald,

When I sent the application and the documents, I did so by Royal Mail special delivery signed for. At that time I bought a similar envelope, wrote my address on it and put inside the envelope containing the application and the documents. You don't have to do this and many people don't do it. I did it because everytime some British institution asks for original documents, I send them a self-addressed pre-paid envelope to make sure the documents don't get lost. Hope this helps.

s1120403

Post by s1120403 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:13 pm

kunfayakun wrote:
s1120403"]Dear all,

I am happy to report that today I got back the Royal Mail special delivery envelope which I had sent to Home Office along with the application. They enclosed the documents (most of them) and a letter saying that the residence card will arrive within 10 business days. The letter is dated 23 FEB 2015, so exactly 5 months from the date I sent the documents. It also includes the tracking number of the courier with which the residence card will arrive; it doesn't say by which courier, but I take it from this forum that it's DX.

There was no home visit, no questionnaire, no inquiry at work, no interview. After reading a lot of posts on this forum, I think they only call for an interview people who are overstayers, or whose (student) visa could not be extended for some reason and then they got married. In other words, they red-flag people who got married in the UK after visa problems or potential visa problems.

But in our case, we got married in Aug 2014 in my husband's home country and then he came to the UK in Sep 2015 on a family permit. We sent the RC application in September after he arrived, so at the time of the application we hadn't lived together for longer than a couple of weeks. That's what I wrote in the application for "when did you start living together ?" - "sep 2015". I did provide evidence from online messengers that we had started talking in 2013 and they could see from photocopies of my passport that I travelled to see him a few times, and of course I sent some pictures (but not of landmarks or wedding, just simple pictures of us together).
Congratulation and so happy to hear you got you RC without any hassles :)
If you don't mind please tell me how long after they have returned your you passport? and did you request both of your passport?

Thanks.
Hi kunfayakun,

When we sent the application we didn't send the EEA passport, but only the national ID. Then after the biometrics letter arrived we requested the non-EEA passport back and we received it in 5 working days. The rest of the documents came 5 months after we applied and were accompanied by the letter saying that the residence card will be issued within 10 working days.

s1120403

Post by s1120403 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:20 pm

sweet snowhite wrote:
voxnihili wrote:
sweet snowhite wrote:To those who have received their Residence cards, what does it say on the front of your card under 'type of permit'. Mine says : FAMILY MEMBER - EU RESIDENCE.
Me and my husband want to travel to Schengen states and and you can travel within schengen states without requiring a visa if your Residence card SPECIFICALLY states: RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL.
So just wondering why the wording on my card is different. What wording did you guys get?
Mine says the same thing. I guess you should be able to use it, along with your passport. I'm venezuelan and for what I know I only need my passport in Schengen states.
Does yours say 'RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL' or 'FAMILY MEMBER - EU RESIDENCE' ?
On the front it says: Type of permit: Family member - EU residence, and on the back it says: Remarks: EU right to reside.

I still have no idea what Schengen is all about. Last time I crossed Europe, there were no borders between some of the countries (the extent of my ignorance...); you would only know you've entered a new country if you paid attention to the side of the road as it ran fast by you at 140 Km/ hour and spotted a modest looking sign saying "Austria" or "Germany". In other words, there was no checking of passports/ ID cards at the border.

G3rald
Newly Registered

Post by G3rald » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:01 pm

s1120403 wrote:
G3rald wrote:Hi s1120403

Congratulation for you RC, I would like to know if you sent another prepaid envelope to that HO send you back your documents? I am so confused about it, because when I sent my application was in a envelope with a special delivery I didn't know that I have to sent another one.

Thanks.
Hi G3rald,

When I sent the application and the documents, I did so by Royal Mail special delivery signed for. At that time I bought a similar envelope, wrote my address on it and put inside the envelope containing the application and the documents. You don't have to do this and many people don't do it. I did it because everytime some British institution asks for original documents, I send them a self-addressed pre-paid envelope to make sure the documents don't get lost. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the information! I didn't know about pre-paid envelope :roll: I hope receive all my documents back.

kabuki
United States of America

Re: UK RC Applications

Post by kabuki » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Cyprus wrote:I hope they are not causing delays now. We also sent off an EEA application on 23 February 2016 and have not had any reply or further letters about Biometrics yet.
I rang the home office again today. I was told the processing time varied based on the caseworker's load and that he bio letter should arrive in 4-5 weeks. It's 5 weeks today and the the didin't bother checking in it for me. If it doesn't arrive by Friday, I'll ring again. If there is a 5 week limit, then is should be dated no later than today and the post shouldn't take more than a day or two.

Considering we now have to pay an administrative fee, there is no good reason for delays. From looking on here, it seems many get it in 2 weeks. Under the previous system (pre-biometrics), I had my CoA within 2 weeks. There is no logic and ringing the home office seems pointless. Seriously, what do they get paid to do? In many other EU countries you can apply in person and have your RC within a month. For a straightforward spousal application, I don't see how it should take 5-6 months to make a decision. It's just ticking off the boxes. I could see it taking longer as an unmarried partner or apply for right to retain, but as a spouse?

al.91
Newly Registered

Post by al.91 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:14 pm

kabuki wrote:
Cyprus wrote:I hope they are not causing delays now. We also sent off an EEA application on 23 February 2016 and have not had any reply or further letters about Biometrics yet.
I rang the home office again today. I was told the processing time varied based on the caseworker's load and that he bio letter should arrive in 4-5 weeks. It's 5 weeks today and the the didin't bother checking in it for me. If it doesn't arrive by Friday, I'll ring again. If there is a 5 week limit, then is should be dated no later than today and the post shouldn't take more than a day or two.

Considering we now have to pay an administrative fee, there is no good reason for delays. From looking on here, it seems many get it in 2 weeks. Under the previous system (pre-biometrics), I had my CoA within 2 weeks. There is no logic and ringing the home office seems pointless. Seriously, what do they get paid to do? In many other EU countries you can apply in person and have your RC within a month. For a straightforward spousal application, I don't see how it should take 5-6 months to make a decision. It's just ticking off the boxes. I could see it taking longer as an unmarried partner or apply for right to retain, but as a spouse?
I had to wait a bit more than 3 weeks to receive the biometrics. At that time I also called them and they told me it can take up to 8 weeks. I don't think there's a proper deadline for that letter unfortunately ...

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:41 am

Hi,
Here is my non EEA children's time line.

Applied for EEA family permit 12/10/2014
Refused 22/10/2014
Appeal 28/10/2014
Appeal won 12/07/2015
EEA family permit issued 20/08/2015
Enter UK 10/09/2015
EEA2
Applied 25/02/2016
Payment taken 27/02/2016
Bio?
COA?
EEA Card?

dalil1010
Newly Registered

Post by dalil1010 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:27 am

Hi guys,

EEA(FM) - Married
App sent 20.11.2015
Payment Taken :26.11.2015
COA + Bio letter received : 30.11.2015 (I received COA and Bio letter in the same mail)
Bio submitted : 03.12.2015
RC : Pending.

Please share your experience :lol:

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:56 am

Cyprus wrote:
fasi2530 wrote:Hello Every one..

I got my COA letter 2 months ago. I got job in NHS as NEtwork Engineer. my all documents are cleared even i showed my letter of COA to employee as well. but my employee still trying to find more information.

this web address https://www.immigrationstatuscheck.serv ... employers/ is mention in COA letter to confirm the more information about the documents that I have confirmation to work here. when you go on website. there is mention this thing..

Does the employee or prospective employee have a passport from the UK, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, or other immigration documents from the Home Office that demonstrate a right to work?

I just want to confirm that this "Other Immigration Documents" is equal to COA letter. Can I assume this letter as an other document from the homeOffice.

if yes then my case is simple clear they said on next page that you dont need to take further action.

please guide me I am very tensed as its arround two months and my job not start yet.

regards
Work your way through the questions on the link as an employer and you will find that the CoA is acceptable. But you will now find that the system asks for the application number to chack its status.

Hi Cyprus

thanks for your reply. could you please confirm what is the application number status check. I got job in NHS and i follow the link already and when answer the questions it says you dont need to do another check for for work status all is clear. but NHS HR still submit my information again to homeoffice i dont know which link and they are waiting for the confirmation which is still 5 working days process. I dont know when they already get the COA letter and they confirm on the link provided by Homeoffice then why they talking other checks which is completely unjustifiable. I am very tensed as its been more then 2 months now..
Faisal

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:20 pm

al.91 wrote:
kabuki wrote:

I had to wait a bit more than 3 weeks to receive the biometrics. At that time I also called them and they told me it can take up to 8 weeks. I don't think there's a proper deadline for that letter unfortunately ...
Wow! The Home Office never cease to amaze me. I have finally received my biometrics letter, but it stated that I failed to enrol within 15 days of receiving the letter and now have 10 working days from the date on this letter. I never received a letter in the first place. Unbelieveable. Atleast a second letter was sent. I've heard of people getting issued a short COA after never receiving the first letter.

al.91
Newly Registered

Post by al.91 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi everyone, my wife and I are thinking about moving out but we are a bit scared that the change of address might delay my application. We are in the 4th month now and I don't want to take any risks. Has anyone experienced this ? I know that my solicitor is gonna have to send my new tenancy agreement tho. Please share your experience if you have any !!

adrianspence
Newly Registered

Post by adrianspence » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:39 pm

Hello good people I need some sort of advice please.
I applied for EEA FM and EEA PR for my wife, the parcel was delivered on 26/0/16 and i still have not received any letters for biometrics and my wife is yet to receive application email confirmation and we are starting to get worried. We applied with postal order so we really do not know what is going on.
Do i request for biometrics again? if so, what email address can i send my request to.
any advice will be great.

Thanks

Cyprus
Newly Registered

Post by Cyprus » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:58 pm

adrianspence wrote:Hello good people I need some sort of advice please.
I applied for EEA FM and EEA PR for my wife, the parcel was delivered on 26/0/16 and i still have not received any letters for biometrics and my wife is yet to receive application email confirmation and we are starting to get worried. We applied with postal order so we really do not know what is going on.
Do i request for biometrics again? if so, what email address can i send my request to.

Thanks
We are in the same situation. Applied for EEA UK RC on 23/02/2016 and have not received any letters yet.
Can only assume there is a big back log of applications at the EEA HO Centre in Durham.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:02 pm

Cyprus wrote:
We are in the same situation. Applied for EEA UK RC on 23/02/2016 and have not received any letters yet.
Can only assume there is a big back log of applications at the EEA HO Centre in Durham.
Didn't you get the acknowledgement letter yet?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

Nona1004
Newly Registered

Post by Nona1004 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:10 am

Cyprus wrote:
adrianspence wrote:Hello good people I need some sort of advice please.

Thanks

Hello!
I completely understand your worries and frustration! I just wanted to tell you our story so far... my husband and I applied using the EEA(QP) and EEA(FM) forms on 22 January 2016, the HO received our applications on 25 January. They took one payment (not both, just one!) two days later. I (the EEA national) only received the email confirmation on 16 February 2016 and after several phone calls, they finally took the second payment on 7 March. We have yet to receive the biometrics letter and the COA. (you can see the timeline in my signature below)
If we had sent them postal orders, the only information we would have at this point is the email I got almost a month ago. If your applications follow our exact timeline, you would not have an email for the EEA national right now but would be getting it in a couple of days.
I don't know why they are taking so long but your assumption might be right.
Please keep us updated and I wish you all the best! Hopefully we all get the letters and COAs (with right to work) soon.

lguimaraes
Brazil

Post by lguimaraes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:04 pm

EEA EFM Unmarried with Family Permit

10/8/2015 App sent 14/8/2015 Received
15/8/15 Fee taken
24/8/2015 COA-NO-RIGHT TO WORK - 27/8/2015 Received
24/8/2015 Biometric - Received 27/8/2015 - Enrolled 27/8/2015

it has been 7 MONTHS since I sent my app. I called to the HO for an update last week and the answer was: "Continue waiting"!
:?: :?:

RC... PENDING

Cyprus
Newly Registered

Post by Cyprus » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:33 pm

kunfayakun wrote:
Cyprus wrote:
Didn't you get the acknowledgement letter yet?
We have not received anything yet, no letters, no emails, nothing. How can this be?
We now they have received it as it was sent by registered mail and we even have the date and time and name of the person who signed for it. Maybe we will call them.

G3rald
Newly Registered

Post by G3rald » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:17 pm

[quote="Cyprus"][quote="kunfayakun"][quote][quote="Cyprus"]

I had the same problem with my Biometrics letter, I waited a month a half untill the HO called me to asked my address, because days ago Royal mail didn't find my adrees and returned my letter to the HO. I don't know if that was the real problem because in my application there are a lot of proofs of residency.

I spent a lot of time calling to asked about it and someone told me that the HO can take up to 8 week to issues the letter, but at the same time I wrote several emails to this addres eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk anyone answered me but the HO call me and they sent me my letter in two days.

You can try it asking for your letter, write your passport number, nacionality, names, address, day of application etc etc. Good luck

al.91
Newly Registered

Post by al.91 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:56 pm

lguimaraes wrote:EEA EFM Unmarried with Family Permit

15/8/15 Fee taken

it has been 7 MONTHS since I sent my app. I called to the HO for an update last week and the answer was: "Continue waiting"!

RC... PENDING
No interview or questionnaire ?
Can you share a bit more about your case, is your partner working, where are you both from ?

Really sorry to hear that. I was checking the 2015 timeline the other day and some people received their cards within four months. That's crazy how it can be different from years to years.

lguimaraes
Brazil

Post by lguimaraes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:51 pm

al.91 wrote:
lguimaraes wrote:EEA EFM Unmarried with Family Permit

15/8/15 Fee taken

RC... PENDING
No interview or questionnaire ?
Can you share a bit more about your case, is your partner working, where are you both from ?

Really sorry to hear that. I was checking the 2015 timeline the other day and some people received their cards within four months. That's crazy how it can be different from years to years.

Heey,
no, absolutely no reply from the Home Office at all. My partner is from Germany, I am Brazilian national, we both lived together in Ireland since 2010 and my partner was transferred with work to London. I have a previous EU residence card and we didnt received any questionnaire, visit or interview!! We sent old bills from 2011, travels, photos in a big pile of docs.

I found out few days ago that I have right to COA because I have previous residence card. I made the request to the COA dept, still waiting for a reply. I just dont understand why my case is taking that long... 7 months!!
I will try to find an MP this week to ask for a help, I am really concerned about my career and it is making me depressed. It is horrible just spend all day at home and running out of my money, I feel so useless!! :oops:

Rona
Newly Registered

Post by Rona » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi there, i need a little help.
I applied EEA FM MARRIED RC on 24/02/2016.
I haven't received my biometric letter yet, so i was wondering what's the average days wait and receive it?
And what's the bank statement when the fee taken? Is it euro £65?
How will you know if your application is invalid because you made mistake on your payment page?

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:51 am

Hi,
I am in same situation applied EEA FM for children on 25/2 Received 26/02 payment 27/2. After that didn't heard any thing.

Euro is fees payment for EEA card if your application is not valid HO will send back all documents.

Thanks

raul123
Newly Registered

Post by raul123 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:32 am

Hi

I am in the same position, applied on the 24/02/2016 and payment processed on the 26/02/2016 but not heard anything after that.

worried as cannot work until i get my biometrics letter, not sure what to do

Regards

leoboy
Newly Registered

Post by leoboy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Had the same issue.. sent them an email and recvd the letter in 3 days post sending the email. Eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk