ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Was not aware about returning of BRP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nuran007
Newly Registered

Was not aware about returning of BRP

Post by Nuran007 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi all,

I did not know about returning of the BRP after 5 days of the ceremony till one of my friend's told me few days ago.

I did apply for the naturalization back in Sep 2009 and cant recall seeing anything about returning the BRP after the ceremony. When I had my ceremony last month nothing was mentioned.

Also one of my other colleagues who attended the passport interview last week was told that he can keep the BRP as a souvenir.

I have no intention of using the BRP since i have a the passport to travel. But worried if i send the BRP now i will get a fine. So far i didn't receive any letter related to my BRP. Will there be a problem at the airport as I planned to travel outside UK.

Cheers

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Was not aware about returning of BRP

Post by tulipz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:34 am

THis is a new rule introduced in Jan 2016. I don't think it'll be a problem for you.