ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INTERVIEW IN LIVERPOOL HOME OFFICE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chrisrice

INTERVIEW IN LIVERPOOL HOME OFFICE

Post by Chrisrice » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:25 am

Dear All Forum members,

I came to UK as a student visa in 13 years ago.I got a ILR 2013 and applied Naturalisation (2015) for British Passport,now I got a letter from Liverpool Home Office saying that I have to attend a interview there at Liverpool to take the decision for my naturalisation.My question is here is why are they called me on interview,I have got my whole families are here in UK,children are in school and we are fully settle here in UK.Can somebody explain me the reason for calling me interview in Liverpool Home Office for Naturalisation application.Thank you very much.

Regards
Chris

ouflak1

Re: INTERVIEW IN LIVERPOOL HOME OFFICE

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:11 am

Chrisrice wrote:Dear All Forum members,

I came to UK as a student visa in 13 years ago.I got a ILR 2013 and applied Naturalisation (2015) for British Passport,now I got a letter from Liverpool Home Office saying that I have to attend a interview there at Liverpool to take the decision for my naturalisation. My question is here is why are they called me on interview,
My first guess would be that there is some question about your identity. Have you ever used a different name in this country or your native country? Does your current passport have the exact same name you've used to apply for ILR and/or naturalization? Do you have a relatively common name that might cause some concern for mistaken identity?

Other than that, it may just be a random check that some applicants occasionally (though rarely) have to go through.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:36 am

How did you meet English language test requirement? What test you used for ILR and naturalization?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jimmy83
Newly Registered

Post by jimmy83 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:09 am

When did you apply for naturalization ? They are probably unsure about your English language requirement.

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:45 am

My first guess would be that there is some question about your identity. Have you ever used a different name in this country or your native country? Does your current passport have the exact same name you've used to apply for ILR and/or naturalization? Do you have a relatively common name that might cause some concern for mistaken identity?

Other than that, it may just be a random check that some applicants occasionally (though rarely) have to go through.

Thanks ouflak1,I have never used other name before on my application.

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:47 am

seagul wrote:How did you meet English language test requirement? What test you used for ILR and naturalization?
Thanks seagul,I used City & Guild Level 3 from College for my naturalisation

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:49 am

Thanks jimmy83,I used City & Guild Level 3 for my English Language

jimmy83
Newly Registered

Post by jimmy83 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:01 am

When is your interview. Members would appreciate if you could share your interview experience.