ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing benefit handling of case

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aiatalama
Newly Registered

Housing benefit handling of case

Post by aiatalama » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:59 am

Hi all,

I would really appreciate your thoughts as I am terribly frustrated at the handling of my housing benefit(hb) case. I am a single young lady who has applied for JSA, had to do a habitual residency test which was passed, and I have been accepted for JSA. Naturally, I applied for HB for rent support, they have me down on their systems as living in their borough for 16 years, as a non-dependant of my mother from previous years and obviously have all the information DWP have provided on my JSA claim. Why is that they are asking me to provide them 5 years worth of financial and residency papers? I can not explain the fury I have been feeling about this. Other people apply for HB who have been here less time and do not go through half of what I am going through nor have they paid taxes since they were 16 like I have. Am I wrong in thinking that the handling of this case is ridiculous?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Housing benefit handling of case

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:24 am

Suggest you contact CAB for advice or your local MP for assistance. You could also try to make an appointment with the HB department to speak to someone in person. But councils are renowned for asking for reems of paperwork.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.