ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marksha
Newly Registered

NCS appointment

Post by marksha » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:11 am

Dear,

Currently i am seeking NCS- South Lanarkshire( Glasgow) appointment and also forwarded the online booking form about 4 days back. As per the council website they will try to respond back ( may be by phone) within two days and its been 4 days that i didn't receive any response or call back.

Apparently i was hoping that i would receive an acknowledgement email after sending the online appointment forms and no luck yet or else am i missing some thing here.

If you had any similar problem please share .

I am aware the fee is going to increase by end of next week and hoping that is not causing the delay I suppose

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NCS appointment

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:14 am

I suspect you will be very lucky if you are able to secure an appointment with NCS. Many members are struggling to find appointments before the fee increase.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:27 am

The fee increase is almost certainly causing the delay. You can use any NCS you want, it depends on how far you are prepared to travel. My local council only has two NCS advisers and they only ever used to do appointments on Wednesdays but there has been such demand in the last week they have put extra ones on.

It seems everyone is having the same idea.

marksha
Newly Registered

Post by marksha » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:17 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your response.

Could i try any nearby city NCS appoint?

Am i eligible to apply for other NCS appoints with in Scotland region or England region

Your quick response would be appreciated

Kind Regadrs

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:24 am

You are free to use whichever NCS you choose.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

marksha
Newly Registered

Post by marksha » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:45 am

Hi Casa,

Thanks for your quick response.

If i try couple of near by council do i have to pay or i could choose to pay only after the appointment is confirmed by myself.

As you could guess currently i am planning to apply for Edinburgh and Fife councils simultaneously.

Bu t my worry is do i need to pay the NCS appointment fee while applying it self or i could choose to pay the NCS appointment only after the appointment dates are available only?

Hope i am not annoying

Kind Regards

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:54 am

I don't really understand your question. Normally NCS will not book your appointment until you have paid. This is especially true at the moment when appointments are in high demand.

marksha
Newly Registered

Post by marksha » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:03 am

Hi Ohara,

thanks for the clarification.

My understanding is that NCS appointment will be confirmed only after paying the fee checking appointment and at the same time i could choose the suitable appointment ( hopefully before 18th March) .

I know its last minute rush and i am prepared to get the appointment even after 18th March any way.

Kind Regards

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 am

I still don't understand what you mean :shock:

You phone NCS, they tell you which appointment dates and times they have available, you pick one, pay for it, then your appointment is confirmed. It's pretty simple really :?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:40 am

ohara wrote:I still don't understand what you mean :shock:

You phone NCS, they tell you which appointment dates and times they have available, you pick one, pay for it, then your appointment is confirmed. It's pretty simple really :?
Exactly!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

alien.uk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alien.uk » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Dear Marksha -

The Appointment gets confirmed only after they offer you couple of options and you choose from one. Unfortunately in Scotland (esp Glasgow area) the appointment days will not be in the near future. This is the situation under normal circumstances ,,,now add the fee change factor.

The only thing that you can do is to wait for them to give you a ring back . I have found Hamilton council very helpful while i applied for my wee ones. Its just 18 mins if you jump on the train from Argyle street station.

Alternatively, you can try Edinburgh Council (if you don't mind the 1 hour travel from Glasgow back and forth)..I found them relatively free and quick with their response (I applied through Edinburgh Council last month)

Good Luck
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016

mian1

Post by mian1 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:06 pm

hello
did you have any success to find the NCS
i am trying all over England.
if any one know anywhere appointments are available before 18 please update
Thanks
i am willing to travel anywhere 4-5 Hours driving from Leeds
Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:12 pm

mian1

Post by mian1 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:17 pm

i been ringing all councils around Leeds about 50 miles no success just looking if someone found some where they have available appointments
Please let me know i know this website trying from there.
thanks

Viktoria27

Post by Viktoria27 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:12 pm

We called Manchester NCS 2 days ago and they booked us for Tuesday 15.03. I know they had another time available that day but probably gone by now.

marksha
Newly Registered

Post by marksha » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:27 am

Hi ya,

Thanks for your response and your experience with NCS in Edinburgh on last month.

Yesterday i have contacted both Carlisle Registration and got an appointment before 18th March

I hope they have more appointments left before 18th March.

Any way its 2 hours by bus from Glasgow to Carlisle and hope it would be useful to few more

Kind Regards