ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizen non British spouse

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joanna2014

British citizen non British spouse

Post by joanna2014 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:59 pm

I'm a British passport holder my wife is from Pakistan and she got a spouse visa from UK as she is my wife,
My question is if y want to travel in Europe France for example do I need visa for my wife to go with me or her UK visa is more then enough for her to travel with me in any where in EU?

in my understanding as I am a British citizen and my wife have a valid UK visa so I dont need to apply any visit visa for EU country

please reply
thanks
Meaning of life change every day :)
Live life king size :)

noajthan

Re: British citizen non British spouse

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:14 pm

joanna2014 wrote:I'm a British passport holder my wife is from Pakistan and she got a spouse visa from UK as she is my wife,
My question is if y want to travel in Europe France for example do I need visa for my wife to go with me or her UK visa is more then enough for her to travel with me in any where in EU?

in my understanding as I am a British citizen and my wife have a valid UK visa so I dont need to apply any visit visa for EU country

please reply
thanks
Such a UK visa is only valid for UK purposes.

EU countries are not visa-free for Pakistan passport holders.

UK is not in the Schengen zone.

Wife will need a Schengen visa to enter any country that is in the Schengen zone. Apply via the embassy of country you wish to visit.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

joanna2014

Re: British citizen non British spouse

Post by joanna2014 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Thanks Noajthan
Meaning of life change every day :)
Live life king size :)