ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for child's first british passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baldude

Applying for child's first british passport

Post by baldude » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi,

I have a 5 year old born abroad child and i just had him registered as British and in the process of applying for his first british passport. Currently child holds an indian passport.
while filling out the post office's Check n send service application form i came across this question and would really appreciate your help on this.
1. Under section 3, A says 'Has the person named in section 2 had any sort of passport (British or otherwise) or been included in any passport before? Yes or No

what should i answer this? the term 'British or otherwise' is confusing me. Child has Indian passport now and he was born abroad. please help me.
2. what are the supporting documents that would need in support of this application form?

many thanks,
Bal.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for child's first british passport

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:11 pm

1. Yes. He has an Indian passport (which is 'otherwise')

2. Page 12/13 of the booklet has a nice table that tells you what to send (passport, registration certificate etc)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:12 pm

baldude wrote:Hi,

I have a 5 year old born abroad child and i just had him registered as British and in the process of applying for his first british passport. Currently child holds an indian passport.
while filling out the post office's Check n send service application form i came across this question and would really appreciate your help on this.
1. Under section 3, A says 'Has the person named in section 2 had any sort of passport (British or otherwise) or been included in any passport before? Yes or No

what should i answer this? the term 'British or otherwise' is confusing me. Child has Indian passport now and he was born abroad. please help me.
2. what are the supporting documents that would need in support of this application form?

many thanks,
Bal.
1) Answer Yes & include Indian passport.
2) See https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssport.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

baldude

Post by baldude » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Thanks
@Cr001
@noajthan

for the clarification.

really appreciate your help.