ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Reconsideration for unsuccessful Naturalisation applicat

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:08 am

muskan ali wrote:Hi guys

My husband had applied for British citizenship which has been refused can any one kindly guide please Within how many days he has to apply for Reconsideration.
On the refusal letter no time has been given
He can ask for a reconsideration at any time, there is no set timeframe. As you have already been advised, you will likely need to provide documents to prove residency for the 1 year gap.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

muskan ali
Pakistan

Re: Reconsideration for unsuccessful Naturalisation applicat

Post by muskan ali » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
muskan ali wrote:Hi guys

My husband had applied for British citizenship which has been refused can any one kindly guide please Within how many days he has to apply for Reconsideration.
On the refusal letter no time has been given
He can ask for a reconsideration at any time, there is no set timeframe. As you have already been advised, you will likely need to provide documents to prove residency for the 1 year gap.
Yes he is going to provide documents at that time he was my dependant and I had an in country Appeal in the court of appeal.He is also providing bank statements, dentists letter, ILR acknowledgement letter,Letter from our own country embassy that they are not going to renew Passport until u have valid leave to remain, and His passports is in series as well no any travel documents or passport issued in this one year gap

Salman1212
Newly Registered

Re: Unsuccessful Naturalisation (AN) applications

Post by Salman1212 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Didn't get anything in my inbox

London20

Post by London20 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Salman1212 wrote:Didn't get anything in my inbox
you are new member that is why you cant received PM.could you tell me did HO revoked you ILR?

London20

Post by London20 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:45 pm

Salman1212 wrote:Didn't get anything in my inbox
Hi Salman.i have same problem as you.
I have applied for my naturalisation on 27/5/2014, I have been in UK as a overseas student since 2002. During extension of my student visa in March 2012 my application was supported by TOEIC , ESOL and IELTS(speaking 7.5)
I also used those certificates for my ILR application in 2012. My naturalisation was supported only by ESOL because TOEIC, IELTS got expired after 2 years.

I received correspondence from the Home Office on 12.01.2016.stating that ETS has a record of our speaking test.Yours scores from the test have now been cancelled by ETS.On the basis of the information provided to her by ETS,the SSHD is satisfied that your certificate was fraundulently obtained.
As such, the Home Secretary deems I do not meet the good character requirement for naturalisation and you application is refuse.

But HO haven't mentioned about my ILR.I don't know if they going to revoke it or not?

foufou

Post by foufou » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:03 pm

hi senior members can u help me please , my application was unsuccessful and one of the reason was as state in the letter :
you have provided documentation which clearly shows that you were working here without permission therefore satisfy the criteria at chapter 18 . your application has therefore been refused.

please what exactly mean about provided ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:12 pm

foufou wrote:hi senior members can u help me please , my application was unsuccessful and one of the reason was as state in the letter :
you have provided documentation which clearly shows that you were working here without permission therefore satisfy the criteria at chapter 18 . your application has therefore been refused.

Surely you know what documents you gave (provided) them, which showed you were working illegally or outside the terms of your visa? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Foufou,

As far i know you send for reconsideration. As they refuse again?

if they wrong go for challenge, you will win, but if they have evidence better to keep quite.

I send my reconsideration before you.

foufou wrote:hi senior members can u help me please , my application was unsuccessful and one of the reason was as state in the letter :

foufou

Post by foufou » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:31 pm

Rassel wrote:Foufou,

As far i know you send for reconsideration. As they refuse again?

if they wrong go for challenge, you will win, but if they have evidence better to keep quite.

I send my reconsideration before you.

i'm still waiting rassel , this was in my original application refusal

Salman1212
Newly Registered

Post by Salman1212 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:54 am

No they didn't revoke my ilr

London20

Post by London20 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:25 pm

Salman1212 wrote:No they didn't revoke my ilr
Salman could you please contact me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

Shaha93
Newly Registered

Post by Shaha93 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:17 am

Hi to all
I am still waiting for the money to take from my account
Can someone please inform me how long the take
I apply for reconsideration on 12/12/2015

Jerrybend
Newly Registered

Post by Jerrybend » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:22 am

Good luck!

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:59 pm

What documents did you provide them with regards to work.. and also can you give us bit more details about your immigration history

danish6889
Newly Registered

Post by danish6889 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:24 pm

hi guys really need help.
on 3rd january 2014 my psw was expired. i made an in time application for student which was successful. i received my student visa on 12th feb 2014, but i didn't resign and left work until 30th march 2014. which makes me working without visa for month and a half, just really worried and wanted to get some advice as to what are the chances of home office catching that and if they will refuse my naturalisation application and will it also put my ill in danger. any help with be really appriciated

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:33 pm

hi,

Update on my case: I received a letter from the Home Office stating that my case is still in progress and decision will be taken in due course.
Not sure what is the duration of their due course - It's been a year since my initial application.

Any other member who received a decision on their reconsideration?
all is well that ends well

foufou

Post by foufou » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:36 am

ali_hsn wrote:hi,

Update on my case: I received a letter from the Home Office stating that my case is still in progress and decision will be taken in due course.
Not sure what is the duration of their due course - It's been a year since my initial application.

same time as you , initial application 01/2015 and reconsideration 07/2015 , no news at all , not even a letter like yours ,I sent them a letter 2 weeks ago , still waiting for the response

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:04 am

danish6889 wrote:hi guys really need help.
on 3rd january 2014 my psw was expired. i made an in time application for student which was successful. i received my student visa on 12th feb 2014, but i didn't resign and left work until 30th march 2014. which makes me working without visa for month and a half, just really worried and wanted to get some advice as to what are the chances of home office catching that and if they will refuse my naturalisation application and will it also put my ill in danger. any help with be really appriciated
If you have ambitions for citizenship you will have to declare & itemise in your application:
  • your residence history (5 years);
    10 years work/employment history;
    meet 'good character' requirements;
    state any other reasons why you may fail the 'good charcater' test;
    sign a legally-binding Declaration (that can incur penalties) vouching for the completeness & veracity of your application.
So as well as HO catching that situation it should be clear you are expected to tell them about it.

HO will crosscheck & verify the application against other datasources & records, including UKVI, HMRC (tax), DWP (benefits) & etc etc.

Breach of immigration rules &/or deception in an application (or previous application) puts the applicant in line for a 10-year ban;
serious cases can put previous visa status (e.g. ILR) at risk too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

TimBC
Newly Registered

Post by TimBC » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:53 pm

foufou wrote:
ali_hsn wrote:hi,

same time as you , initial application 01/2015 and reconsideration 07/2015 , no news at all , not even a letter like yours ,I sent them a letter 2 weeks ago , still waiting for the response
Same here, still waiting and NO update from HO.
Initial application 1/2015, reconsideration 4/2015

Bornthebest
Newly Registered

Post by Bornthebest » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:53 am

Let me share my frustration with everyone.

Non EEA family member with no PR.
Initial application June 30th 2014.
Application was rejected on 30th January 2015 due to ex-spouse to exercising treaty rights for continuous period of 5 years. She has been working in the UK for 8 years. Reconsideration application was sent 28th of February 2015 with her 5 years HMRC work history and other supporting documents. Through my MP I received update on my application (under consideration) and that I will be updated in 4 week’s time. This was due in 30th of October 2015 and no update was received. Further enquiry was sent by MP in January 2016. Feedback was received with the usual under consideration and that I will be updated as soon as a decision is reached.
It is almost a year to a reconsideration application and it is still under process UNBELEIVEBLE!!!!. Anyway good luck to all reconsideration applicants.

foufou

Post by foufou » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Bornthebest wrote:Let me share my frustration with everyone.

Non EEA family member with no PR.
Initial application June 30th 2014.
Application was rejected on 30th January 2015 due to ex-spouse to exercising treaty rights for continuous period of 5 years. She has been working in the UK for 8 years. Reconsideration application was sent 28th of February 2015 with her 5 years HMRC work history and other supporting documents. Through my MP I received update on my application (under consideration) and that I will be updated in 4 week’s time. This was due in 30th of October 2015 and no update was received. Further enquiry was sent by MP in January 2016. Feedback was received with the usual under consideration and that I will be updated as soon as a decision is reached.
It is almost a year to a reconsideration application and it is still under process UNBELEIVEBLE!!!!. Anyway good luck to all reconsideration applicants.
you made feel like withdraw my application then waiting and stressing all that a long time , can u imaging that I been waiting for 16 years I just had enough

CelsoPin
Newly Registered

Post by CelsoPin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:11 pm

sud315 wrote:So what would happen if the application is refused?
(if it depends on the basis of rejection, I have 91 absences when only 90 is allowed)

Thanks
If it is only one day, just wait for one month more before to apply ;)
However, if you have a good explanation (like business or work travelling), this will not be a problem.
Telling you by experience since i am travelling some 50% of my time for work and exceeded far more than one day the requirements which i justified presenting a letter from my company explaining the nature of my trips.

Bornthebest
Newly Registered

Post by Bornthebest » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:23 am

Has anyone's reconsideration case been approved post Feb 2015?
If the number of applicants for naturalisation keeps increasing and there is no timeline for reconsideration application. I cannot see how reconsideration cases will be processed asap. I'm considering withdrawing my application and apply for PR but I'm not sure which waiting time will be longest towards naturalisation having already waited 1 year for reconsideration.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:45 pm

yes there no timeline for reconsideration application.
But some of update on Refuse British Citizenship page.
I send my reconsideration application on June 2015. Still waiting :?
By the way what about PR meaning?
Bornthebest wrote:Has anyone's reconsideration case been approved post Feb 2015?
If the number of applicants for naturalisation keeps increasing and there is no timeline for reconsideration application. I cannot see how reconsideration cases will be processed asap. I'm considering withdrawing my application and apply for PR but I'm not sure which waiting time will be longest towards naturalisation having already waited 1 year for reconsideration.

Shaha93
Newly Registered

Post by Shaha93 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:40 am

Hi I receive a letter today from home office said

We have received your request for reconsideration of your naturalisation application on fourth of March 2016 and have taken the £80 reconsideration see as soon as we are in a position to reach a decision re-ring notify you are according