ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 GENERAL SPOUSE VISA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anammahmud

TIER 2 GENERAL SPOUSE VISA

Post by anammahmud » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi all,
I am on TIER 2 general visa. I am looking to bring my wife in to the UK. As I understand that employer only can sponsor a spouse if application is made within one month after receiving TIER 2 visa. My one month period is over and I am bit confused whether I must keep money in my accounts for 90 days period or my employer still can sponsor my wife. Please advise details and amount of money I need if I would have to show my bank statements. Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: TIER 2 GENERAL SPOUSE VISA

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:02 pm

As I understand that employer only can sponsor a spouse if application is made within one month after receiving TIER 2 visa
Really??? Where exactly does it say that? Employers don't sponsor your spouse, you do. Employers can certify the maintenance and there is no time limit on this as far as I am aware.

Start with the link below on the requirements, including the immigration health surcharge you have to pay for your spouse.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.