ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation date - 12 months rule?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Manchester1
Newly Registered

naturalisation date - 12 months rule?

Post by Manchester1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:41 am

Dear all

I will really appreciate if someone can advise:

I got my ILR last year based on 3+2 year Tier1 route. The ILR start date on my BRP card is 24-March-2015. Does this mean the earliest I can apply for Naturalisation is on 25-March-2016?

I am asking bcos fee is increased yet again and its increasing w.e.f 18-March-2016 so wonder if there is anyway that I can avoid paying higher fee?

Its really very disappointing the way we have been milked against the high fees and this time they have increased from 18-March instead of usual 6-April to take all off guarded.

Disappointed & tired honest tax payer

Rgds

Manchester1
Newly Registered

Re: naturalisation date - 12 months rule?

Post by Manchester1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:46 am

have read the answers to frequent questions:
If not married to BC, the standard requirements need to be met. This includes holding ILR/PR for at least 12 months before applying.

I just wonder if there is a way I can save on higher fee for self and my dependants since the fee is increased just 6 days before I will complete my 12 months on the ILR

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:14 am

Only if you marry a British citizen before the fee increase.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Manchester1
Newly Registered

Post by Manchester1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:15 am

:)