ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA applying forEEA PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swellsteff
Newly Registered

EEA applying forEEA PR

Post by swellsteff » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi,

I think I could get a lot of useful advise from this forum.
I moved to the UK in 2006 and have been living here since.
I was a student from 2006 -2010. I worked part time 2006-2010 and full time in 2008-2009 (industrial placement). I never ever had private insurance or EHIC to cover myself as I was never aware that this was a requirement.

I have been in full time employment since August 2010.
I want to apply for my permanent residency certification. As I never ever had EHIC would this disqualify me for that period or will it be okay as i did contribute to National insurance through my part time work?
Am I better of applying as a worker than as a student during the period of 2006-2010 although my income would reflect part time work?

Do i need to provide evidence for the last 5 years or since the date I moved to the UK?
The form is not quite clear on the above as they ask for all activity since the date of arrival in the UK.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and all your experiences :)

thanks

noajthan

Re: EEA applying forEEA PR

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:50 pm

swellsteff wrote:...

I have been in full time employment since August 2010.
I want to apply for my permanent residency certification. As I never ever had EHIC would this disqualify me for that period or will it be okay as i did contribute to National insurance through my part time work?
Am I better of applying as a worker than as a student during the period of 2006-2010 although my income would reflect part time work?

Do i need to provide evidence for the last 5 years or since the date I moved to the UK?
The form is not quite clear on the above as they ask for all activity since the date of arrival in the UK.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and all your experiences :)

thanks
With no CSI or foreign-issued EHIC your carefree student years may not count towards PR.

In order to be classified as a worker, any work in that period needs to have been genuine and effective rather than marginal and supplementary.

Did you have a RC issued to you as a student in/before 2011?
If so a transitional arrngement may save your bacon.

And its a longshot but did you have any EEA family member (parent) in UK and exercising treaty rights at that time, who could be said to have been your sponsor?

Otherwise you may make an application on basis of being a worker from possibly 2008, or else from 2010.

Are you an A8 national? Did you register for WRS? (when working before 2011).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

swellsteff
Newly Registered

Post by swellsteff » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:56 pm

No i did not have RC issued to me as a student.
Unfortunately, I'm the only member in my family here (no sponsor for me).

I am not an A8 national either.

I read that to have been "genuine and effective" you should have worked 10 hours plus.
I think I will take a shot at applying as a worker as my care free uni days don't count without CSI.
Pinching myself now for not knowing but I immigrated from Africa as a European and not from Europe to be issued with the EHIC.

thanks for the advice :D

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:45 pm

swellsteff wrote:No i did not have RC issued to me as a student.
Unfortunately, I'm the only member in my family here (no sponsor for me).

I am not an A8 national either.

I read that to have been "genuine and effective" you should have worked 10 hours plus.
I think I will take a shot at applying as a worker as my care free uni days don't count without CSI.
Pinching myself now for not knowing but I immigrated from Africa as a European and not from Europe to be issued with the EHIC.

thanks for the advice :D
Don't be too hard on yourself a lot of people have been caught out by this CSI requirement and you won't be the last.

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.