ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch to Tier 2 General Dependent from ICT - Application pr

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VV1989
Newly Registered
India

Switch to Tier 2 General Dependent from ICT - Application pr

Post by VV1989 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:29 pm

Dear Members,

My wife has recently switched her visa from tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 general for 5 years and received BRP Card.

I am now planning to switch as dependent to her. In this regard I have below questions about the process, appreciate if you can give your suggestions please?

1. I am planning to use Premium service which will give decision on same day. But do I need to wait at the centre until end of the day to collect passport or do they courier my passport through post later by informing decision to me during appointment?

2. Our current rental agreement expires in April & my agents are in the process of renewing it. I may not receive new agreement before my application. Will this cause any problem during my visa application?

3. Can I submit my bank statements as proof of maintenance funds or should they be in my wife's name?

4. We are married 3 years back and we made applications to UK for 4 times altogether till now. Still Do I need to submit any watsapp chat transcripts/skype calls or something? We have been living here in UK together.

5. Last one, below are the documents I am thinking to submit along with my application, can you please review and let me know?

Filled Visa Application,
2-3 Passport size photographs,
Original Passport,
Copy of my wife's BRP Card (Tier 2 General Main Applicant)
Original Marriage Certificate,
Original Degree Certificate (Not necessary I think)
Copy of rental agreement
bank statements for >£1000
Covering Letter
IHS email & reference number
Main Applicant's Passport copy

Appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch to Tier 2 General Dependent from ICT - Applicatio

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:33 pm

1. You need to wait. It doesn't take ALL day, usually a couple of hours or at most half a day.

2. Get a letter from your agent but it should not be an issue.

3. Yes, yours should be fine.

4. No. Documents proving cohabitation should be sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VV1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by VV1989 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:51 pm

CR001 wrote:1. You need to wait. It doesn't take ALL day, usually a couple of hours or at most half a day.

Thanks for your reply.

When I request for my Bank statements to Natwest along with Bank stamp on them, they refused to issue me. But I saw in Tier 2 guidance documents, HO mentioned the bank statements must have bank stamp on them. Will this be a problem at all?

VV1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by VV1989 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:09 pm

VV1989 wrote:
CR001 wrote:1. You need to wait. It doesn't take ALL day, usually a couple of hours or at most half a day.

Thanks for your reply.

When I request for my Bank statements to Natwest along with Bank stamp on them, they refused to issue me. But I saw in Tier 2 guidance documents, HO mentioned the bank statements must have bank stamp on them. Will this be a problem at all?
Hello,

Can someone reply for my question above please?