ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Simple question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gorgeous
Ireland

Simple question

Post by gorgeous » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:36 am

Hey guys, I was wondering, if my partner (EU National) becomes Irish Citizen, would I be able to apply for citizenship as married to an Irish?

The thing is: We are in a civil partnership already for more than 1 year and if he applies next year, I would only wait until 2018 (being married to an Irish) instead of until 2020? (Married to an EU) - Or would I need to be married to him as an Irish for extra 3 years, to apply as married to an Irish?

Member of Standing

Re: Simple question

Post by member » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:09 am

gorgeous wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering, if my partner (EU National) becomes Irish Citizen, would I be able to apply for citizenship as married to an Irish?

The thing is: We are in a civil partnership already for more than 1 year and if he applies next year, I would only wait until 2018 (being married to an Irish) instead of until 2020? (Married to an EU) - Or would I need to be married to him as an Irish for extra 3 years, to apply as married to an Irish?
Are you able to live with him physically in Ireland as well?

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:57 am

Oh yes, we live together!

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Guys, please... anyone?