ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK Wrong Place of Birth

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hurricane
Newly Registered

Life in the UK Wrong Place of Birth

Post by hurricane » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:45 pm

hi
i just passed my life in uk but I have got a problem. i gave them wrong place of birth .....i gave them one different from one in my biometric does it matter when i give my application later? please can anyone help? is there any chance i could do that test again......i provided them the name of the capital i was born rather than the city....please any help is appreciated.....many thanks.....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Life in the UK Wrong Place of Birth

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:25 pm

Whats the name of the capital and whats the name of the city?

You can do the test again if you wish but you will have to pay again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hurricane
Newly Registered

Post by hurricane » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:50 pm

Thank you for the reply. How soon can I give the test again...It should be lalitpur but instead I said kathmandu...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:38 pm

As soon as you can get an appointment at the test centre.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:48 pm

hurricane wrote:hi
i just passed my life in uk but I have got a problem. i gave them wrong place of birth .....i gave them one different from one in my biometric does it matter when i give my application later? please can anyone help?
You can certainly take the test again, but thought I'd just share something similar that happened when I did my LITUK. I entered the district of birth rather than town of birth as the place - I can't quite remember the reason for doing this, though did later notice that the place of birth on my previous two passports actually had the district mentioned as place of birth. But my latest passport has the town mentioned.

I never really noticed the deviation until after I had applied, and it was never raised as an issue in either my ILR application or naturalisation applications. Just thought I'd share my experience, as it sounds somewhat similar to your situation.

hurricane
Newly Registered

Post by hurricane » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:47 am

That's exactly what I have done. I dint check my passport while registering for life in the uk. I dint even know about it until the lady at the test centre asked me why is it different from the one on passport. She said I can have problem later n I better change it. I explained her Kathmandu is the capital n lalitpur a city in it but she couldn't do anything....thanks again for replying

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:45 am

Since Lalitpur is in Kathmandu, I wouldn't say you have given them the wrong place of birth.

s1344678

Post by s1344678 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:43 am

Usually, when people are booking their test, they make a mistake of putting their name in the incorrect boxes. Sometimes, invigilators do not allow to sit the test for this reason. It's their job to make sure that your information matches up exactly.

Now, since they allowed you to take this test, I'm assuming that the person who is reviewing your application will do the same.

I'd personally think you won't encounter a problem, but another option would be to do the test again.

You can leave a comment on https://lituktest.com/life-in-the-uk-test/ and people might share their experience with you.

Good luck with your application