ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What visa does a dependent on an ILR holder get?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SidB

What visa does a dependent on an ILR holder get?

Post by SidB » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:56 pm

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding ILR. Will be grateful if could help me with the below:

1. If an ILR holder marries a non EU citizen, what visa does the spouse get? ILR or time limited dependents visa?

2. I am due for ILR in June next year. If my spouse is on a HSMP dependent visa, will she be also eligible for ILR based on my application? (By june next year she would have only spent 6 months in the UK as she is expected to arrive in Jan).

Thanks

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:15 pm

Using you own numbering to answer:-

1. Neither! She will get a 2 year spouse visa.

2. Provided she passes the life in UK test, she will also get the ILR along with you. No specific time needed to be resident in the UK for that.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:30 pm

In other words, it is better if you marry before you get ILR.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!