ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help, Tier 2 extension appointment tomorrow !!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naval1234
Mood:
India

Urgent help, Tier 2 extension appointment tomorrow !!

Post by naval1234 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi All,

Sorry to bother you but its very urgent, I've got an appointment tomorrow for my Visa. My salary was low (SOC CODE 2122) and my visa was rejected. My employer has increased my salary (based on performance) to 34000, minimum required is 32900. I'm not sure if they have updated my previous COS using SMS system to update my salary.

My new COS was issued with the new salary on 3rd March. I was on PSW before that. I joined this company and then moved to Tier 2. I will go tomorrow and ask HR to update the salary increase on my previous COS since its still the live one. Correct me if I am wrong.

Please help.

nisarmalik

Re: Urgent help, Tier 2 extension appointment tomorrow !!

Post by nisarmalik » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:31 pm

I think once u have been rejected on previous cos on salary base u can't update it.
For new application u need new cos with increased salary and if u have it I don't think there will be any problem
All the best

naval1234
Mood:
India

Post by naval1234 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:42 pm

Hi Nisar,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not worried about the COS I was rejected upon. I'm worried about the COS I was given initially back in 2013 april. DO they need to update the SMS system to tell them about the change in the salary?

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:59 pm

U didn't mention about any thing of 2013.
If u first applied for tier 2 visa in 2013 and it was granted u don't have to varied about that cos now for the extention.

naval1234
Mood:
India

Post by naval1234 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi Nisar,

I've been reading some previous link and have found that HR need to inform UKVI through SMS system. See thread link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 69207.html

Check Manci reply. It says any increase has to be reported to UKVI. However I have only just got the increase(3rd march) based on performance and have been issued a new COS with this new salary. Does HR still need to inform UKVI through SMS system of the increase?

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:08 pm

15.7 You must report the following within 10 working days: a) If a sponsored migrant does not turn up for their first day of work. You must include any reason given for their non-attendance (for example a missed flight). b) If a sponsored migrant’s contract of, or for employment, or services or registration is terminated earlier than shown on their certificate of sponsorship (CoS), for example if the migrant resigns or is dismissed. You must include the name and address of any new employer that the migrant has moved to, if known. c) If you stop sponsoring a migrant for any other reason. For example if;  you become aware that they have moved into an immigration route that does not need a sponsor  they take a period of unpaid leave, which is not covered by the exceptions in reduction in salary. d) If there are any significant changes in the sponsored migrant’s circumstances, for example:  a promotion or change in job title, or core duties, other than those which need a change of employment application; For more information, please see change of employment ;  a change of salary from the level stated on the CoS, other than changes due to annual increments or bonuses;  a change of salary from that stated on the CoS due to maternity, paternity shared parental or adoption leave, or a period of long-term sick leave lasting one month or longer;  the location they are employed at changes (including where a sports player moves on loan).

naval1234
Mood:
India

Post by naval1234 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:22 pm

Nisar, that meanshr have to inform ukvi through sms system! Ill ask them first thing in the morning to do it. My appointment is in the afternoon

naval1234
Mood:
India

Post by naval1234 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:33 am

Visa approved. thanks for your help everyone!!