ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP HELP HELP!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

essy
Newly Registered

HELP HELP HELP!

Post by essy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:34 pm

l got a legacy form letter about 2 months ago and still waiting for the reply.
l came to the uk in 2000 applyed for ILR on medical grounds in 2002 never got a reply from the home office.
l've got two children living with me one came to the UK aged 10, now 17 in full time education and the other one was born here nearly 4yrs of age now.
could my story be strong based on my children's long residence in the country and having intergrated in the british society.
shd my reply from the BIA come back otherwise cld it be a gd idea to hire a barrister to fight my case and how much cld it cost me roughly, and what wld be the chances of getting my ILR.
pls help

kg1983

Post by kg1983 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:54 pm

I am sure others will reply but your case is very strong because the Home Office runs a regularisation programme for families with small children who have been living in this country for 7 years even if you didnt qualify under legacy. So you have a good chance, in my view. Think others will agree.

I take it yours was a non-asylum case? I have been asking on this board whether legacy includes non-asylum cases and if yours is non-asylum then I guess legacy does include them.

essy
Newly Registered

Post by essy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:54 am

hie thanks a lot my case is non asylum and its well trully based on medical situation and my dependants

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:38 am

As I understand it, the seven-year concession only applies to children who are under 18 at the time that a decision on the application under the concession is made, often a couple of years after the application. So unfortunately it may be the case that an application made on this basis will fail as by the time they decide it your eldest will be over 18 - although by then the younger one may be nearing seven years, so you could apply again for her.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.