ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Cooling Off

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Cooling Off

Post by SJR_Spencer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:27 am

Hi All,

I was in the UK on a Tier 2 ICT long term visa that was valid between April'12 to May'15. I returned to India in Jan'15. I have another company that has hired me for a role in the UK and I may have to travel to the UK before May'16. This will most probably be another Tier 2 ICT long term visa.
1. If the cooling off period started the day I got back to India, then my cooling off period of the Tier 2 visa is complete. Am I right?
2. Are there any specifics that I should take care of/ worry when I apply for a new tier 2 visa?

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,
SJR Spencer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT Cooling Off

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:08 am

1. The date you left the UK is the start of the 12 months.

2. Tier 2 General would be better as it leads to ILR if that is a goal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Post by SJR_Spencer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:03 pm

Thank you CR001.

But after the cooling off period, can I reapply for a Tier 2 ICT visa for a new company? Is there a requirement that I must have spent a particular period of time working for the company outside the UK?

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:58 pm

If it's a new company sending you on T2 ICT, then you need to spend 12 months offshore before applying for T2 ICT, but you can apply for T2 General.